Complaint History & Business Rating for American Airlines

PO Box 619612 Maildrop 2400, Fort Worth, Texas, 75261-9612, United States.

PeopleClaim Reliability Rating
Scale: A+ to F
View it on map

Tired of being a slave to anonymous review sites? Take control of your online reputation, manage reviews, and resolve customer issues - all for under $1.50 a day.

Learn More

What American Airlines customers think NEW

Have you done business with American Airlines? How satisfied were you?
  • General satisfaction
  • Quality of products or services
  • Responsiveness to problems or complaints
  • Value for money
  • Professionalism
Would you recommend American Airlines to a friend?

Comments and Feedback from Users

• Commented By:JillyJohnson
  • Recommended:No
  • On:04-Jul-2015
Jillyjohnson says: I went through a nightmare experience with them where they stranded me 900 miles from home and they didn't even apologize. Their customer service was worthless. I finally had to file a complaint in order to get my money back, which you'd think would have been a given, and they still never gave me any kind of compensation.
Respond. Click here if you're authorized to respond to American Airlines customer comments or edit information on this profile.
  • Commented By:Jolly P.
  • Recommended:No
  • On:22-Jun-2015
Jolly Petaluma says: This has to be one of the most unresponsive airlines ever. Couldn't get any response at all through their regular 'customer service' channels. Then I filed a complaint and had it delivered by certified mail and I got the bare minimum--a refund on services that weren't provided (ya think that should be a given? Not with American!). But not a thing to make up for leaving us in the lurch through their own poor planning. If you volunteer to be 'bumped' it's all sweetness and light, but if they don't have a crew available for a scheduled flight through their own incompetence, you are ignored. Bizarre way to treat customers.

American Airlines’s Complaint History (4):

4 claims are currently posted for public review and comment :

My Claim vs. American Airlines Dispute

Claimant says:Record locators MDAIJX and GJTWPO. My family and I were returning from a vacation in Spain on Friday 1/3/2014; we left Madrid at 04.30 AM Eastern time and were scheduled to travel on AA # 3756 from Miami at 16.25 PM, arriving in Charlotte NC at 18.35 PM. The flight was delayed several times. Finally, at about 20:00 PM, we were about to board when ...

AMERICAN AIRLINE-Dispute-#3750948

• Lost or damaged personal items
    • Overcharged
    Claimant says:I was on flight AA 267 19 June at 6:15 pm flying out of Los Angeles to Honolulu. Before boarding our fight. An flight ticket agent has overhead page Justin Payne (15 year old who was flying with me) and my self (Craig Day) to ask if we could changes our seats to exit seat, from our original seats 27e and 27f (window seat). I agree (thinking there ...
    • Seeking:

Claimant says:I hope this letter goes to the top of the command so they will know how we were disappointed with our travel experience on your airline. From Orlando the Miami was good. Then in Miami they forgot to put our luggage on the plane. We arrived in Portugal went to get our luggage and were informed that they didn't put it on the plane in Miami. Now Iam w...

Gain the power of numbers - Join PeopleClaim users negotiating with American Airlines to resolve their complaints.

Resolve My Complaint