K.P. vs. Tracfone

K. P. vs. Tracfone
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue, Medley, Florida, 33178-1353, United States
      (awaiting response from Tracfone)
    • Filed On: Jul 30, 2021
    • Posted On: Aug 10, 2021
      • Problem with a product
"I was told to return a phone I bought from Tracfone that was only 6 months old because it started to malfunction.  I sent it back, and was told I would receive a NEW one since the one I sent back is still under warranty.  They kept lying to me about the policy and where the new phone was .  I communicated with them several times from May to the end of July.  Suppossedly by working my way up the supervisor level at the corporate office I was first told I would have a new phone in 5-6 business days.  As of July 28th I was assured a new phone was coming, and to call within a few days if I did not receive it.  Today I received an email stating that a refurbished phone is being sent to me.  I called again, and was told that a new one was sent out even though the email message says it is going to be refurbished.  I asked for a higher up supervisor and was told phone returns/exchanges are only good for the month purchased.  Why am I only hearing this now?  I asked for my money back but they said they can't do it.  At this point I would really like to have my money back or a guaranteed new phone.  I have attached an email from the company as to their response, showing I will be receiving a "refurbished" phone, again!  If you would like me to upload more proof, just let me know and I will provide it."
  • 04-25-2021 — phone call
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Tracfone Hide
  • Aug 09, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Tracfone Better Business complaint

• Sep 20, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • I made an error on the price of the phone I paid. I have attached documentation showing the correct amount, $98.54. I had to purchase it in Dec. 2020. Also, I am attaching Tracfone's "terms of agreement" wherein it clearly states that the phone was warranteed for one year. It only lasted for 6 months.

Message from Claimant: I posted the cost of this phone on the claim. I also posted bank statement showing cost of phone, $98.54. I will settle for a full refund of $98.54
1. Full refund on phone. $98.54 Oct 05, 2021 $98.54

There has been no response to this claim from TracFone. This claim will remain posted until resolved
Offer History
Jul 30, 2021
Claimant's Terms of Settlement to TracFone
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 08-17-2021
    Check the phone manufacturer's warranty. TracFone owes you 2-3 months of service charges. More...