My Claim vs. Superior Performers, Inc., Dba Mortgage Protection Center

• 5% of recovery offered for best resolution
T. M. vs. Superior Performers, Inc., Dba Mortgage Protection Center - Agent Eduardo Soto
3914 Inland Ave, West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, 15122, United States
Amount Involved: $50,000.00
Complaint(s): Bad business practices
"Agents from National Agents Alliance are very heartless and cold, and obviously only care about that next sale and not about the people they are trying to serve.  Last year, an agent Eduardo Soto called me about a form I filled out for Mortgage Insurance, he came to my home and asked what I was paying with for my current life insurance.  My husband went and got our packet.  I could tell where this visit was going with me having a background in sales.  I stopped Mr. Soto and told him that I have multiple sclerosis.  Mr. Soto then had the audacity to say to me, "I could have saved you so much money if you didn't have MS."   I could not believe my ears.   We did not continue with any transaction with him, and told him we were fine with what we have.  Back in March, another agent came to my door un announced about the same thing, I stopped him and told him, I already talked to Ed and he could not do anything for me.  This agent acted surprised saying, he was surprised because "we usually can always do something", I said goodbye and closed the door.  About a week after this, this agent calls back and says that he talked to Ed again, (I can not confirm this) and he knows he can help me, and then tries to do an assumptive close on me, asking me to give him a time for him to come back out to my home.  I told him I was not interested.  I do not know why my contact with Ed was not noted, I'm sure he probably would not note the ignorant statement he said to me.  I do not want anyone from this company coming to my home un-announced any more, or calling me ever again.  Stress is horrible for everyone, but especially someone with MS, and this situation has caused me a lot of mental anguish, pain, and suffering and I feel harassed and beyond disrespected.

During this situation, my mind has been so upset, I was trying to piece together who this was that kept harassing me. I initially thought it may have been my regular life insurance company, but they advised me it was not them, so then I found the business card from Ed Soto.  No one deserves to be disregarded the way I was. I am not saying Mr. Soto did so intentionally, but he said it.  "
  • 08-01-2017 — Agent first came to my door, and arranged a visit to go over plan- This agent, Eduardo Soto is the one who made the horrible comment about my MS
  • 04-01-2018 — 1 agent came out and 2 agents called, about the same situation, even referencing the 1st event
Exhibits View
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Superior Performers, Inc., Dba Mortgage Protection Center - Agent Eduardo Soto Hide
  • Jun 19, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • He lists National Agents Alliance as his employer with your same work address on his social media platforms therefore, you are to be held accountable for him.

• Jun 28, 2018, Superior Performers, Inc., DBA Mortgage Protection Center - Agent Eduardo Soto (responding party) added:
  • My recollection of the appointment was friendly and educational. This is the first time I’ve heard anything to this level of hostility. I don't understand why this is happening, as our personal meetings were both friendly and non-confrontational. I met with them on two separate occasions and was welcomed both times. When I left their residence it was with high fives and hugs. I am very perplexed by where this has gone.

• Jun 28, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • Write yourAfter meeting with you when you made the statement you did, do you remember that I left the room and went upstairs and left you downstairs with my husband? This was to collect myself emotionally after being verbally disregarded in such a way. I was very taken aback by your comment to me, regarding my MS almost as if you were speaking to me in 3rd person when saying "I could have saved you so much money if you didn't have MS" insensitive that I am the person who has multiple sclerosis. It is one of those illnesses where we do not always "look sick" however your comment cut me to the core. I would have left it alone, being as hurt and disrespected as I felt but when 2 agents from NA continued to contact me, 1 came to my home (un-announced) and 1 called me TWICE trying to arrange another meeting, I told the gentleman on the phone that NO, I don't want to go through this, I was just working with Ed last year and he couldn't help me. That's all I said. Only to be called back twice, the most recent was late May early April of this (2018), the agent called me making it seem as though he had spoken to you (Ed) and he knows you guys would be able to do something for me because you(Ed) always can. Now either that was a bold face lie, or this is the company's insensitivity continuing as you all are just trying to get a sale and do not care about the customers feelings, or stress and mental anguish being placed upon them,(stress is horrible for multiple sclerosis patients and can cause a relapse) one in particular (me) who is the owner of the home you are trying to sell mortgage protection to. To clarify I did not hug you goodbye. Handshake maybe, as I am a cordial person. Multiple Sclerosis is the number 1 cause of disability of persons ages 40 and under. I have been dealing with this for almost 17 years, diagnosed at age 20. I do not need a company or its representatives to remind me how horrible my health condition is. That's like a hairdresser telling a woman with cancer "I could have styled your hair so nicely, if you didn't lose it from chemo". I did not deserve to be treated this way, and this whole situation has been too much for me. I also do not want anyone from this company ever to contact me in any way ever again. message here

• Jul 09, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • You stated above that Mr. Soto is not employed by NAA but he is hosting a training listed on the NAA site, along with Amber Bowen assistant to Andy Albright.

• Jul 17, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • I have proof from my neurologists stating how harmful stress is to an MS patient and that this situation has indeed been a stress causing, thus exaserbation causing event, however I am not going to upload my personal health information into this format. I am not going to let this be swept under the rug. I don't care what it takes. I know my body, and I know how I was made to feel by this situation. I do not want this to happen to another person.

1. Compensation: mental anguish, pain and suffering Jun 22, 2018 $50,000.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 22, 2018 $14.99
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • "Eduardo Soto is not an employee of our company. He is an independent life insurance agent that sells for multiple insurance companies. We apologize for any inconvenience but he is not an employee."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
George Maxwell commented
George Maxwell (Comment):
"The agent says he met with the claimant twice. Was the first time to get details and the second to go over possible plans?"
 (6 months ago)
Awaiting response from Superior Perfor...
Claimant dislikes
Claimant: ():
"The first time he came by, which was a cold drop by as he claims he was (in the area), he came un-announced but my husband John was not home. He came back a second time when my husband was home and this is when he made the horrible comment to me. Eduardo Soto is sales hungry and lacks compassion and obviously lacks the integrity and respect for which someone should speak to another person, especially one dealing with a health condition like multiple sclerosis in which stress makes the symptoms flare up. As I stated, I went upstairs after his rude comment to me and my husband showed him out. There were no hugs or high fives as he lied about. Why would we give him a hug or a high five? He had just insulted me and the entire MS community for that matter.

No I will not settle for anything other than what I asked for in the claim. If not settled under these means, I will have to follow through with my lawyer as well as contacting the news media and I will surely let them know of Mr. Soto's commentary. I am a very private person and I do not want to go that route, but if I have to, I will."
 (6 months ago)
  • Contributed Solution: by Forrest Peters On 07-24-2018
    Was the agent's conduct intentional, reckless, outrageous and beyond the bounds of common decency? More...
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 07-10-2018
    The two parties should settle with a letter of apology and a nice gift card for the claimant, and assurance that the claimant's name is now on a Do Not Contact list. More...