E.D. vs. Jason Lottmann

E. D. vs. Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group Llc
4707 Sugar and Wine Rd, Monroe, NC 28110, 4914 Mountain Point Lane, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28216, United States
Amount Involved: $520.00
Complaint(s): Bad business practices
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Filed On: Jul 12, 2021
    • Posted On: Jul 19, 2021
"On July 12, 2019 I purchased two tickets to The Gatsby 2020 Party at the Biltmore, to be held on March 27 2020 at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville. The event was organized by Jason Lottman of The Beretta Group. The tickets cost $450, which was a huge extravagance for me.

Obviously, due to Covid, the event was cancelled and Jason assured us that it would be rescheduled. As a thank you to the people who kept their tickets, Jason offered passes to his condo in Myrtle Beach for only the cost of the cleaning fee so that he could continue paying his staff. I happily bought two passes.

A new Facebook group was created for each event rescheduling / update and information started being spread out and hard to follow. The big shock came when Jason announced that the event would no longer be held in the Biltmore in Asheville, but instead at his own property, The Champagne Manor, in Charlotte, NC. This was not the event I had paid a substantial amount of money for.

I requested a refund of my $450 but received absolutely no response to that request or any follow-up.

Multiple people complained about the same issue--zero response to any request for a refund. People also posted horror stories about trying to use their condo passes and either getting canceled at the last minute or not receiving confirmation for weeks. When I commented in one of the groups, saying that I intended to file a complaint, Jason messaged me immediately, telling me that he would process my refund "in a sec."

Well, that was June 3rd. No refund arrived. No reply to my follow up on June 19th, either. There are still dozens of people waiting on their refunds for both the event and the condo passes. Jason responds that he has given, or will give, the refund, but apparently never does so.

Since I work in the hospitality industry I certainly sympathize with event organizers, but the fact is I paid $450 plus the cost of a pass to the condo and received nothing. I was promised, on multiple occasions, a full refund and received nothing.

PayPal was unable to help since there’s a six month limit on chargebacks. As I understand it, it’s a common strategy to spin out refunds until the chargeback date limit has passed. At this point, Jason Lottman / The Veretta Group has had the use of my money for two years.

I want Jason Lottman to refund my money and also to actually refund--not pretend to refund--all the other people who have been unable to get Jason Lottman / The Veretta Group to act honorably. That includes all the requests for refunds via e-mail and facebook.

I would like the money sent by Zelle or PayPal or another instant payment service, not by check. I am not prepared to believe "it must have been lost in the mail" delays."
Exhibits View
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group Llc Hide
  • Jul 19, 2021, Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group LLC (responding party) added:
  • Email Responses.

• We've responded to the customers refund request on June 3rd, 2021- and never heard back. We also reached out to her 7 days ago after seeing this complaint- making sure we have her most updated address- and we have yet to hear back from her. We're happy to refund her, but we have not heard back from her with the needed info.

• Jul 19, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Hi Jason,

I am not finding those messages but I'd be happy to check again. I see a Facebook message from June 3rd asking for my last name which I responded to, but my follow up on June 19th asking for an update is unanswered. I also see the last email correspondence as August 2020. Let me know where these correspondences were sent and I will respond with the refund information.

• We started a new email thread and just reached out to you.

• Jul 22, 2021, Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group LLC (responding party) added:
  • Customer's refund check was sent on 7/22/21.

• Jul 26, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Jason has contacted me by e-mail and I have agreed to accepting a check for the tickets and a venmo payment for the beach passes. The check is in the mail and I have not yet received the venmo.

• Jul 26, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Venmo refund for the condo passes has been recieved.

Non-Cash
1. I want you to apologize to and refund everyone else who has asked for a refund by the end of July. That includes both asking via e-mail and facebook. Aug 01, 2021 N/A
Cash
1. Refund: Two gatsby tickets and condo passes Jul 22, 2021 $520.00
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group LLC. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 07-19-2021
    Jason Lottmann / The Veretta Group LLC should refund the claimant without playing any more games More...