Andrew M vs. Gci

Improper and inaccurate billing

A. M. vs. Gci - General Communications Inc.
2550 Denali Street, Suite 1000, Anchorage, Alaska, 99503-2751, United States
"November 10, 2018 I decedided to cut my cable and internet service with GCI. A few days previous I paid a bill and had sent them 300.00. GCI continues to send me a bill. I have checked with my bank and they stated check #9020 dated 11/5/18 was sent but never processed by GCI, so now I have to pay a fee for a "stop payment". Currently GCI has sent me a bill for 364.93. (in collections) GCI now has inflated my bill. Keep in mind that a typical monthly bill has been between 250-290 depending on the amount of movies my house watches each month and I typically had paid a flat 300.00 each month and they had graciously applied the over payment to the next month, this explains my payment of 300.00. Currently GCI has added to the bill a whole hoard of movies I had watched (and paid for) in the months previous to November 2018 which falsly inflated my bill (keep in mind I had already paid for those movies). To justify thier bill I have asked for a line item breakdown of the times and dates I watched these movies, the dates they were paid, and the exact amount of my last bill and GCI did not provide this. I have even sent them a timeline and amount I paid each month for the previous 12 months and they will not provide me with an accurate bill. I am willing to pay a fee for the stop payment on check #9020 and pay my final bill, but, send me an appropriate bill for services and not falsely inflate it with movies I had already paid for. All I ask is a line item justification, this is fair and I am certain it will be under the 300.00 flat fee I have been paying."
Claimant invites GCI - General Communications Inc. to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Apr 02, 2019 $14.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from GCI - General Communications Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 04-05-2019
    GCI - General Communications Inc. should provide a detailed accounting of bills and movies so that claimant can pay correct final bill. More...