L.O. vs. Code Red Roofers, Inc.

. O. vs. Code Red Roofers, Inc.
3341 SE Slater St, Stuart, Florida, 34997-5706, United States
    • Filed On: Jul 06, 2020
    • Posted On: Aug 31, 2020
      • Customer service runarounds
"Code Red Roofers did a repair job on my roof on August 19, 2019 that cost me $1,850.00. In early May of 2020 I noticed after a bad rain that I had a water spot on my ceiling around where they repaired.Then on May 25th another storm with wind around the same area but more towards my kitchen cabinets above I noticed a big crack on the ceiling and water coming in, along with water coming into my cabinets so bad that I had to throw alot of dry goods away. I called the sales person up Sean Perez to come look at the damage and what he could do about it. He did show up and said he would get back to me. I got no call back. I then called the office again and spoke to a guy named Johnny..not happy at this time but he said he would come out with a supervisor and try to solve the problem. In the meantime I filed a claim form for damages. I had an adjuster come out. He took all kinds of pictures. I called code red up again for the last time and spoke with a guy named Irvin. I had to explain everything to him of the situation and that I was not being taken care of. At this point I had said to him, please just reimburse me because nothing is getting done. A few days later I received 2 letters in the mail from my insurance co. The 1 letter stated that due to the improper way that the roof was fixed, they will not be able to issue me any money for the damages. The 2nd letter was a cancellation of my policy...I have called and text Sean and Irvin with no response back..Not only did I have to put a new roof on but I have to pay for my interior ceiling to be fixed..Bad Bad Business!!!!!!!! All I wanted was my money back!!!! Thank you for your attention to this matter! Respectfully yours, Lisa Olivieri"
Exhibits View
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Code Red Roofers, Inc. Hide
  • Sep 08, 2020, Code Red Roofers, Inc. (responding party) added:
  • Official Report on our offer and investigation at Olivieri Residence

• Sep 16, 2020, Claiming party added:
  • To whomever is handling this case, you sent me an Official Report on your offer which I am unable to pull up. I sent Code Red Roofers an email stating that. Again, no response from them. Waiting and waiting..

• Sep 16, 2020, Claiming party added:
  • To Code Red Roofers, this is a very serious matter and you seem to not care about customer service..I was told you put all new wood on my roof and it will not leak again, and I believed you..I had so much water on my kitchen floor and in my cabinets..They did not seem to care and no call backs..All they want to do is fix my ceiling..Do you really think I will allow them to fix my ceiling when as roofers they cannot fix my roof?

• Sep 18, 2020, Claiming party added:
  • First of all, I never heard of a 90 day warranty on a roof repair..It cost me 1,850.00. I spoke to other roofers and they always give a lifetime warranty. If you said you put new wood down, caulked and did what you said you would do, there would be no reason why my ceiling would be cracking and alot of water coming into my kitchen and cabinets. Alot of food had to be thrown away too. The bad repair job that was done cost me a $9,000 roof plus a cancellation on my homeowners policy. I still need somebody to come and fix my ceiling and paint and that is not going to cut it with Code Red Roofers. This was the first time in my life I truly was so dissatisfied with the workmanship that I received. I only hope that this does not happen to anybody else, thats why I am putting this out there.. I am willing to settle this case in the amount of $1,850.00..Be done....

1. Damages: Ceiling and cabinets Jul 21, 2020 $1,500.00
2. Refund: Roof Jul 21, 2020 $3,350.00
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Jul 21, 2020 $10.99
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"See official letter attached for explanation and counter offer proposed to client."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

• -1
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
Sophie Blythe commented
Sophie Blythe (Comment):
"Whatever Code Red Roofers responded, I can't read it. According to the claimant they can't read it either. Code Red's botched response to George Maxwell's comment leads me to believe that they have a lot of unhappy customers, but I would like to see what their response is in case I am wrong. On the face of it, I agree with George Maxwell that paying the claimant the cost of the original roof repair plus the cost of interior repairs seems appropriate."
 (5 days ago)
Awaiting response from Code Red Roofer...
Claimant commented
Claimant: (Comment):
"I said to Code Red Roofers that I would settle for the $1,850.. that cost me for the bad roof repair and be done with it. I will get my own people to fix my ceiling..Thank you!"
 (1 day ago)
  • Contributed Solution: by Brian Edderly On 09-20-2020
    Code Red Roofers should grab the homeowner's second offer before they take it to court More...
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 09-01-2020
    For a job that was so bad that the insurance company canceled the policy, Code Red Roofers should repay cost of repair and cost of damage. More...