E.G. vs. City Furniture - Headquarters

Unethical business practice and Bait methods

E. G. vs. City Furniture - Headquarters
      • Problem with a product
"City Furniture
2121 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd
West Palm Beach, Florida, 33409

Purchased a mattress and was omitted information that would have affected my decision to purchase with this company. They misled me by changing the name of the mattresses from origin. When after a week that I received the mattress and started having back problems, I looked up the mattress on their site and there are no pictures that show the inside composition of the mattress. When I put the name on google by the name on the tag of the mattress I saw the composition of the mattress was low quality. I contacted customer service and was told that I need to wait 21 days to change the mattress. Something the sales rep did not tell me. I later realized that my sales rep signed the disclosures of the purchase. I NEVER SIGNED THE DISCLOSURES (This is unethical) . I have tried to resolve the issue and spoken to customer care managers, store managers never called me back, my sales rep does not return my emails or calls me as Im told she will. They refuse to give info about alternative products. They claim i can reselect but will not provide me specs of the product i request, the product is they suggest is twice the cost with 0 reviews. They want to charge me fees and charges to exchange. They claim their terms are listed online but i did not purchase online. The sales person should have let me read and sign the terms not signed for me. I was told the invoice would be mailed to me as well as it was printed pnsite and given to me. They never told me they would email the terms nor printed them as they did the invoice. This company is dishonest and provides false information. Since april 28 i have tried to reach my sales rep or a manager without success. Customer service tells me to call the store and vice versa. They try gimmicks such as the 120 day feee sleep trial and find a way to hide the terms with methods i explained above so that if an issue does come up and the client is not happy they get hit with hundreds of dollars in these fees to exchange."
1. Refund/ Credit to purchase furniture - i dont want to purchase mattress being denied specs and having to choose for one double the price May 28, 2021 $555.00

There has been no response to this claim from City Furniture - Headquarters. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Sophie Blythe On 06-09-2021
    The sale of mattresses is ripe for regulatory intervention More...