Emma vs. AT&T Gift cards for new customers and for transferring service to new home

Scammy Business Practices

E. D. vs. At&T - Headquarters
208 S Akard St Ste 110, Dallas, Texas, 75202-4209 , United States
    • Filed On: Jul 02, 2022
    • Posted On: Jul 15, 2022
      • Customer service runarounds
"When I fist signed up with AT&T in 2020 I was told I would recieve a $300 gift card in the mail or get an email with my rewards information. I checked my mail and my e-mail spam folder everyday--there was nothing.

I tried to use the rewards center look up but it just said "We're sorry, we're unable to find a reward with the information you provided." I called the rewards center and they said it would be added soon. It never was and to be honest, I forgot about it since I was extremely busy with work and dealing with the pandemic.

Flash forward to 2022 when I moved and I was promised a $100 rewards card for transfering my AT&T service. I even called customer serive to make sure that I would actually get my rewards card this time and I was promised my card would come in the mail.

Now I am having the same problem as I did in 2020 where I can't find any information at all about my rewards card. The rewards center is not showing any information.

After a quick google search it seems like this is AT&Ts usual tactic. They promise a nice gift card and then stall for a month until the redemption window closes, then blame you for not following up soon enough.

I am honestly considering switching services because of how dishonest this feels.

"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and At&T - Headquarters Hide
  • Jul 19, 2022, Claiming party added:
  • After sitting on hold with customer service I was able to get a $50 credit as an apology. This is no where near what I was promised but I appreciated the customer service agent working so hard to help me. Every agent I have talked to seems to know that this is a problem and intentional- one agent at the rewards center even advised me on how to demand that they not keep transferring my call like they always do.

1. Payment due: Transfer gift card Aug 02, 2022 $100.00
2. Payment due: New customer gift card (never sent) Aug 02, 2022 $300.00

There has been no response to this claim from AT&T - Headquarters. This claim will remain posted until resolved