N.D. vs. Verizon (Headquarters)

N. D. vs. Verizon (Headquarters)
1 Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, New Jersey, 07920-1025, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Filed On: Apr 10, 2017
    • Posted On: Apr 21, 2017
      • Problem with a product
"I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone from Verizon in January of 2016. I spent up on the phone rather than getting a cheaper model because I was told it was the top of the line and should last a long time. I totally loved the phone, but it has been really unreliable. Last summer, when my phone was only a few months old, I had to mail it off for over a month to have the charger base repaired and was phoneless. Now my phone is not getting reception, not connecting to wifi (which has resulted in extensive data overage charges) and not working with GPS. I took the phone into Verizon and they said that there was no way to repair the phone (it is a few months out of warranty) and that I need to buy a new one. However, I still have $198 to pay off on the phone, and then a new phone will cost me over $500.

I am livid that my phone didn't last the length of the 24 months required to pay it off. How can Verizon sell a phone that won't last as long as the contract? Consumers have a reasonable expectation that an expensive item will last for at least the length of time that the company selling it expects you to take paying it off - and usually longer.

It's terribly built and Verizon shouldn't be selling such a piece of junk while promising that it will last. My little sister who has the same phone (purchased at the same time) is having similar problems. I'm concerned that if I do purchase a new phone through Verizon and spend over $600 it won't last me another 2 years.  This is not one but TWO Samsung Galaxy S6s that have failed.

I am on WIFI almost all the time and yet one month I used 11 GB of data. My parents, who are rarely on wifi but use their phones far more than me, used only 2 and 4 GB during the same time period. Even after I removed all apps and went through every conceivable step to limit data usage I used 4 GB and it turns out that my Samsung Galaxy S6 is not connecting to WIFI, ever. Last month my sister used 11 GB - and she is also almost always (supposedly) on WIFI. So clearly her phone has the exact same problem.

We have been faithful Verizon customers for years but I am so shocked by Verizon's lack of concern for good customers that it may be time for me to change to a different carrier that will buy out my contract."
Non-Cash
1. Replace: Waive remaining contract costs on both our phones and trade in for new properly functioning phones Apr 25, 2017 N/A
Cash
1. Credit: Data overages on my account Apr 25, 2017 $100.00
Claimant invites Verizon (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from Verizon (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Sandra Jovan On 05-05-2017
    Claimant entitled to full refund plus refund for data over-usage from defective phone. The liability for this defect should survive the warranty as it causes actual harm beyond the value of the device.
  • Contributed Solution: by Dr Joel Horawitz On 04-28-2017
    Can a business create unlimited liability to its customers and hid behind warranty expiration? My Solution is that they can't and they need to pay up here. More...
  • Contributed Solution: by su pang On 04-25-2017
    Expcet the Verizon, you may also try to contact the Samsung customer services. More...
  • Contributed Solution: by Phaatima S. On 04-22-2017
    Verizon should credit Plaintiff free phone services upto the remaining cost left on the phone, $198 . More...