Douglas Seaman vs. Nassau County Sheriff’S Office, Florida

D. S. vs. Nassau County Sheriff’S Office, Florida
77151 Citizens Circle, Yulee, Florida, 32097, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Nov 01, 2021
    • Posted On: Nov 12, 2021
      • Unjust or misguided public policy
"I have tried on three occasions over the last year to report my truck was stolen. Each time I call the Sheriff’s Office I was put in contact with an officer (I do not have his name). I explained the conditions surrounding my truck being stolen and was informed that since I give the keys and permission to use the truck, I cannot report it stolen.
Here are the facts.
5/7/2020- I contacted a contractor to do work at my house at 86048 Jones Rd., Yulee, Florida. He provided me an estimate which I signed, and he started the work. He needed to pick up some materials and asked if he could borrow my truck. I said yes and give him the keys. He worked for three days and then left the project not to return and he did not return my truck.
I have tried to contact him on several phones and when to every house where he lived in Yulee, but I failed to speak with him. I also looked for my truck at location where I through he might parking the tuck, but I have not found it.
I disagree with officer that said that since I give the contractor the keys to truck, I cannot report it stolen. I disagree. Just because I gave the contractor the keys to use the truck for a limited time does not give him the right to keep the car forever.
The moment he failed to return the truck after he abandoned the construction project, he has committed a class 6 felony: Unlawful Use of Means of Transportation. At some point, his refusal to return my truck will become a class 3 felony: Theft of Means of Transportation.

FS 812.014 Theft. —
• (1) A person commits theft if he or she knowingly obtains or uses, or endeavors to obtain or to use, the property of another with intent to, either temporarily or permanently:
• (a) Deprive the other person of a right to the property or a benefit from the property.
• (b) Appropriate the property to his or her own use or to the use of any person not entitled to the use of the property.

• 812.014 (c) It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is:
• 1. Valued at $300 or more, but less than $5,000.

A theft by deception definition would be common to that of conning. A person intentionally and purposely obtains property that belongs to someone else through deceptive tactics. Theft by deception is very similar to the general criminal act of theft in that it entails taking someone else’s property or services on purpose. However, this theft crime has the added notion of deception or trickery involved. In such cases, the victim of the crime relies upon the deceit, or lies, that are claimed as truths by the thief.
I have been deprived of my property for over a year. The Shariff Office has failed three times to accept a stolen property report. Without this report I cannot file a claim with my insurance company or write the truck off as stolen property on my tax return. I have kept the insurance paid up because if the truck is in an accident, I am responsible. The title of the truck is still in my name. I own the truck and the Eugene Swift has denied access property.
The Contractor’s name is Eugene Swift, Jr. his phone number is 904 572 6346. No physical address was provided. I did a search of the internet and fund the following information.
Eugene Swift, Jr.

Cash
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Dec 16, 2021 $9.99
2. Other – Physical delivery charges Dec 16, 2021 $4.99
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from Nassau County Sheriff’S Office, Florida. This claim will remain posted until resolved