My Claim vs. My Career IT LLC

• Filed On: May 16, 2022
    • Posted On: May 27, 2022
      • Salary / Benefit issue
"Franklin County Small Claim Case # 2022 CVI 016815 - filed on 6/3/2022:

I signed a one-year contract to work as an instructor/instructional designer for My Career IT LLC (email addresses aali@mycareerit.org and info@mycareerit.org). The effective date of that contract was 2-14-2022 and the end date of that contract was 2-1-2023. The terms of the contract specify that I was to be paid $2250.00 on a monthly basis as a 1099 independent contractor. I received the initial payment for the period of 2-14-2022 through 3-14-2022. However, I did not receive that payment until 4-4-2022 via check number 1073.

I have not yet received a payment for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022. (Today is 5-28-2022.) I received an email from My Career IT LLC on 5-4-2022 which stated that the contract was being terminated early. In addition to the payment of $2250.00 for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022, I am also owed a prorated payment for the period of 4-14-2022 through 5-4-2022. The amount of that prorated payment is $1500.00. (The prorated payment has been calculated as follows: There are 30 days in the month of April. The period of 4-14-2022 through 5-4-2022 is 20 days. 20 days divided by 30 days = 0.66666667. $2250.00 multiplied by 0.66666667 = $1500.00.) If this complaint goes all the way to court, I am seeking the following damages: $2250.00 for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022 + $1500.00 for the period of 4-14-2022 through 5-4-2022 (subtotal = 3750.00) + court costs + interest.

In order to settle this issue without requiring a court appearance, I will accept payment in the amount of $2250.00 for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022 as full payment. Therefore, I would waive the $1500.00 payment for the period of 4-14-2022 through 5-4-2022, the court costs, and interest. As long as I receive a valid payment in the amount of $2250.00 at least a couple of weeks prior to the initial court date, I will cancel this small claims case. Otherwise, I am seeking full damages.

I have a copy of the signed contract, as well as a copy of an email in which My Career IT LLC stated that my payment of $2250.00 for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022 would be paid. However, I have yet to receive that payment."
1. Compensation: Payment for the period of 3-14-2022 through 4-14-2022 May 27, 2022 $2,250.00

There has been no response to this claim from MyCareerIT LLC. This claim will remain posted until resolved