Marie M vs. Marlin Financial

• FREE crypto coins; suggest a fair resolution to this case
  • 10% of recovery offered for best resolution

STAY AWAY THEY ARE THIEVES!!!!!!

M. M. vs. Marlin Financial
10700 N Kendall Dr Ste 302, Miami, Florida, 33176-1469, United States
"WOW! Where do I freaking begin?!?!!!!! Marlin Financial has to be THE shadiest company on the planet! I found them through another shady loan company called EZ Loans! They take advantage of people during their most stressful of times and take advantage of their desperation INCLUDING MINE!!! They are quick to give you your money and even quicker at repossessing your car! I borrowed $5500 against my car in December 2016. The paperwork was sent over very fast and the lady Stephanie marked for me all the area in which I HAD to sign.

This was the breakdown of Marlin Financials Promissory Note : I borrowed $5500, Annual Percentage Rate was 18.00%, Finance charge $2,505.69, Amount financed $12,537.75, Total Of Payments $15,043.44.

The strangest document and the one who really screwed me in the end was the Voluntary Debt Cancellation Addendum in which she gave me no choice but to sign this ridiculous document or I couldnt get my money. The Debt Cancellation Coverage Fee was $6,875!! Who the hell would willingly want to sign this document unless made to think they had no choice such as myself?! People who are in distress and desperate thats who. OK i was late on my first payment which was due January 22, 2017. I was freaking out because I did not have the money to pay at the time. I read the document and it said I would be in default after 10 days and would have to pay a default late fee of $15. Ok so my first payment was due on January 22, 2017 it says in their paperwork they give a 10 day grace which would be February 1st, 2017.

Well I was still having horrible money issues and while I was having those issues I was still getting emails from Marlin Financial saying my account was passed due and in that email it had Account Information about what was past due which was the January $625.81 BUT then it also said my next due date was February 22, 2017 and at that time I would owe for the 2 amounts which totaled $1,253.62. Which was fine because I would have had the money by then. The way this email was written sounded like I would be ok if I just paid the 2 amounts on February 22, 2017 So I thought I was going to be ok. Dumb move!! I received an email from Marlin Financial on February 13, 2017 at 4:23P.M. that stated that my account was now in default and the only payment methods they would accept at this time were certified check or money order or through Money Gram. Ok I said to myself ok good to know that is how will pay for my January and February amounts. Still thinking Im ok mind you because of how the emails read. I kid you not that last email was sent at February 13, 2017 at 4:23 P.M . MY CAR WAS BEING TOWED LITERALLY 20 MINUTES LATER AFTER THAT LAST EMAIL WAS SENT FROM MARLIN!!! Nothing about repossessing my car just that I would have to pay for both months plus a default late fee. Also I read after my car got towed that in the documents it said " if a repossession was ordered" how the hell am I to know a repossession was ordered! I was never given any warning about repossession!

Also in the documents if my car was to be repossessed the minimum repo fee would be $500 and possibly a $150 and any possible storage fees. Yea that sucks but that amount would maybe be about $2000 or so including my past due amounts which I could pay buy the February 22, 2017 date. OMG!

I called Marlin Financial and I swear they only have one person working in this department. I was hysterical begging and pleading that Ill get the money for January and February I will borrow it from a friend just please let me come get my car!! She then told me the only way I could get my car back and basically in less than 24 Hours I would have to come up with almost $ 14,000!!!!!!! GEEZ!!!

Don't they think if I could come up with almost $14,000 over night then I would have paid my January and February amounts!! I was beside myself I couldnt believe this was happening and I knew I could not get almost $14,000 in less then 24 hours or my poor car was going to auction. Im sure Marlin knew damn well I wasnt going to be able to come up with that kind of money. I cannot even get my tag back! Ive called and emailed hundreds of times the tow company that repossessed my car and no one returns my calls or emails me back. Not sure if this is relevant at all but I still have my original car title. Oops! It just sucks now we are a one car family and cannot afford to get a new car so my sister had to quit her job because we only had one vehicle and she worked 30 minutes away.

I would LOVE to just get my car back which I know is impossible because Im sure it sold at auction. My car was immaculate inside and out! It was a beautiful dark red with beautiful leather seats it was a 2007 Lexus ES350 with AMAZING low mileage at 28,542!!! Yep! Very Low!!! All I want is the Kelly Blue Book value of what my car would have sold for which is between $11,105 - $12,759. I just need another car in our household and because of shady Marlin Financial we are in more dire financial straights since my sister had to quit her job. What Marlins Documents say are WAY different then their actions and my family and I are suffering because of them. The loan was originally supposed to help my family and I would have never imagined that because of them we are worse off financially then before!!!! They need to be stopped!!!!!"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Marlin Financial Hide
  • Jul 22, 2017, Claiming party added:

• WOW!!!! I don't even know where to even begin with these people at Marlin Financial also EZ Loans!!!! Such liars!!!! I am responding to Marlin Financial's most resent e-mail that was posted and their reasons for why my claim was "Rejected" by them on grounds of "I disagree with the explanation/ grounds provided"
    They are by no means telling the entire true story.This is what really happened. I received a loan in the amount $5500 December 2016. Like many people sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures and I had to put my totally paid off car up for a loan. My first payment would be due on 01/22/17 in the amount of $626.81. Ive never gotten a loan out on anything before so by reading Marlin Financial's paperwork AND the emails they were continually sending me I thought I was ok being late that I would just have to pay a default charge of $15. The emails I was getting from Marlin were simple ones the first one sent on 01/27/17 saying I was late and what I owed and also including the next amount that would be due on 02/22/17 for a total of "Total Amount Due On 02/22/17 is $1253.62". So basically it was saying I would owe two payments when I pay on 02/22/17 which I though whew I can pay both then. On 02/01/17 the same exact email was sent again saying the same thing before in the 01/01/17 email. I was just going to pay both on 02/22/17. Then things TOTALLY changed on 02/13/17!!! I received an email from Marlin Financial on 02/13/17 at 4:23P.M. Saying that I was in default and that the only form of payment they would now accept was in the form of a certified check, money order or through a Money Gram. So upon reading that email I was like on I can still pay but it would have to be one of those 3 ways which was fine. Then on that same day 02/13/17 but now 20 minutes later in which the time was now 4:43P.M by car was now being towed!!! So I call hysterical saying what the heck no one said anything that my car was in jeopardy of being towed. I asked the lady on the phone from Marlin Financial how much it would cost to get my car back? She then proceeded to tell me that in order for me to get my car back before it goes to auction I would have to come up with $13,924.25 within 24 hours!!!! Im like are you kidding me!?!? Can't I just pay January and February's (which would be early) and whatever towing fees there were? She said no that it had to be $13,924.25. I'm like where the heck is that amount coming from I asked and she said its coming from the amount you borrowed which was $5500, plus towing and storage fee as well as $6875.00 that was from the Debt Cancellation Addendum!!! I told the lady "what the heck I was told to sign that!!! ". They say the Debt Cancellation is voluntary!!!! YEA RIGHT!!!!! They said I had to sign it!! I am a very sane person I can assure you but who in their right mind would voluntarily sign the Debt Cancellation unless they thought they did not have a choice!!! Marlin Financial is taking advantage of people during their most desperate and vulnerable times. I told the lady I will try and get the $13,924.25 because I really wanted my car back. It was a beautiful red 2007 Lexus ES350 with leather interior and immaculate inside and out as well as with very low miles of 28,542 to be exact. My father passed away about 6 months prior to me getting the loan out on my car that he gave me. It was a gift from my now deceased father and it really reminded me of him every time I would look at it. Ok I begged the lady on the phone to give me more time. They are saying they gave me a "Promise to pay that was not kept" I know it wasnt kept because I was trying to figure out how the heck I was going to come up with almost $14,000 in 24 hours!!!! Of course I couldnt accomplish that so I called them back and begged them that I needed more time at least 48 hours to try and come up with the money. I kept asking them can you please just hold my car for 48 hours so I can try and come up with the money so that my car does not go to auction!? She said " I cannot promise you that it will not go up for auction" So I'm like so if I bust my hump and try to get the money in at least 48 hours you cannot even promise me that my car will not be sold during that time!? She said "That is correct" and then she continued to say to me " where do you think you can get that amount of money? What makes you think you can?" WOW! I just felt more crappy after she said that to myself I was like " who the heck are these terrible people and how on earth do they sleep at night". So I tried and tried to get the money together in 48 hours not even knowing it my car was sold or not during this trying to gather money up process. The lady also said on the phone which seems so shady and unprofessional is that they would ONLY accept the $13,924.25 if it was in CASH!!!! No other form of payment would be accepted ONLY CASH! Oh and she said she could meet me at a Starbucks are something to get the cash. TALK ABOUT SHADY!!! Anyway I tried to get the cash together but also frustrated that when I get it all together to give it to them they couldnt even promise me they would even have my car still. So I tried to get the money, cried a lot, tried to get the money again then cried some more. I knew I couldnt beat them that they had won and they were pure evil. So their idea of giving me a 2nd promise to pay was still trying to come up with $13,924.25. I could not come up with almost $14,000 within 48 hours so I lost my beautiful car that I had such fond memories of my Dad with. We now are a one car household. My sister had to quit a job she loved which was almost 30 minutes away because I make a little more money and we also have a very sick dog at home that at any moment has to be rushed to the vet so we need a car close to the house. The sadness and depression this company has caused is beyond words to what they have caused to my life. They need to be stopped! I just want what my car was worth so we can get another vehicle, also my sister had to quit her job so we do not have that extra much needed income. Please help me People Claim your our only hope.

• Jul 22, 2017, Claiming party added:

1. Compensation: My sister having to quit her lob because we are now a one car house hold her added income of $1100 was very helpful!!!! Pain and suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aug 01, 2017 $10,000.00
2. Recovery of Losses: My car Aug 01, 2017 $12,750.00
Claimant invites Marlin Financial to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Help out — earn RHUcoin
  • Suggest a fair resolution: 5 RHU
  • Yes-vote from community: 5 RHU
  • Yes-vote from disputant: 25 RHU each
  • Get the case resolved: 100 RHU
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"Once past due on the account, Marlin Financial called and left 2 voice mail messages, customer made a promise to pay which was not kept, we left 2 more voice mails, received another promise to pay which was not kept, then left an additional 5 voice mails which were not returned. It is unfortunate when a repossession happens as Marlin Financial made every attempt to resolve the delinquency. The Debt Cancellation Product is voluntary, as is the contract, and does not need to be taken to receive a loan if a customer carries adequate insurance. "

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

• -2
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
Help out — earn RHUcoin
  • Suggest a fair resolution: 5 RHU
  • Yes-vote from community: 5 RHU
  • Yes-vote from disputant: 25 RHU each
  • Get the case resolved: 100 RHU
  • Contributed Solution: by becky chase On 05-30-2018
    I don’t know who is writing here for Marlin but you are untruthful! You do not have an option on the debt cancellation scam! I declined it and geez what do you know. After asking for the contract for months after I found out I had a 24 month scam to deal with and calling the attorney generals off ice you came in the middle of the night and dragged my car out the drive way, down the street. Front wheel drive mind you ( probably damaged the transmission). And you did not have an email server problem getting that’s contract to me after you stole my car. I never agreed to that debt cancellation you thief’s added it on yourselfs and I am not going to let you thief’s get away with this any longer and hope you have enough insurance and money to pay all these people back that you ripped off! You might of been able to sleep at night knowing you have caused a lot of people to go into bankruptcy and some I seen losr their homes. Karma is a bitch and she will be paying you a visit soon!
  • Contributed Solution: by becky chase On 05-24-2018
    Your lying you took my car as well no calls no voice mail your full of shit you bunch of fu King crooks. You will have your day in court believe me you have scammed the wrong person!!!!
  • Contributed Solution: by Claimant On 04-23-2018
    We are out of a cAr and cannot get my sister Rolfing table on a bus!!!!