My Claim vs. THE HOME DEPOT 1000 suburban Plaza Dispute

D. M. vs. Home Depot (Headquarters)
United States
    • Filed On: Sep 09, 2014
    • Posted On: Sep 20, 2014
      • Problem with a product
"I had tile flooring installed in my kitchen, foyer, laundry room and small bathroom and was told it would take three or four days. It took almost two months and had to be ripped up four times because tile was delivered in two different sizes and didn't have enough of the size that was already half installed. So that tile had to be ripped out. Then they started the new install and couldn't line up the tiles so the started measuring tile and they were not cut correctly and were not the size that was on the box they were delivered in. So installers called home depot to let them know job couldn't be completed after they were half way threw kitchen because tile was defected. Again I was left with no kitchen laundry or bathroom to use while home depot and USIG installation group figured out what to do next. I had dust so think all over my house you could taste it in your mouth because of all the floor rip ups. They left doors hanging open while cutting tile we had flies all over house and after they left each day a huge mess was left behind they damaged my cabinets my refrigerator ,wood rails, doors, and walls. they cut completely threw door jamb and door was hanging off. I called every day to try and get answers on what they were going to do and I was ignored for over a week. I finally called district manager and left a message and I received a call saying they could rip up the floor and do a pattern and I was promise this would look really nice and they would complete the floor in two days and I would have what ever I need to get the job done. they would do all repairs to damages and have kitchen painted. Another week later they start to rip up floor and install flooring in the pattern. Again promises are broken soot like dust and flies everywhere and a huge mess left behind once again. I couldn't walk on the floor till the next day and when I was able to the tiles were uneven over half of them were sticking up higher then the one next to it the grout was uneven and there was loose tiles and cracks in the grout and some spaces where there was gaps with no grout a hole! No repairs were made to the damages. Again phone calls were made I was told they would come out with the managers and see what could be done. they came out said they would make repairs and again I would be without kitchen , laundry, bathroom until they could get materials and get me set up on schedule. two more rows ripped up and repaired but now that messed up next row each time thy tried to make a quick fix it just caused more problems so again they tried to do another quick fix more tiles ripped up and I still have a floo r that is uneven tiles sticking up cracks in grout and no repairs done and we are going into the third month and I have been calling and getting no response no call backs no answers. I have already been making payments on my home depot charge that the floor was billed to. And I was promised a refund and repairs and kitchen painted but I am now being ignored. I was to put my house on the market three months ago but they have held me up . this was the reason I did the remodel in the first place."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Home Depot (Headquarters) Hide
  • Oct 14, 2014, Claiming party added:
  • District services manager Andy Dodson is the person suppose to be contacting me for some kind of resolution, but he has made no contact. this is his email address and phone number JAMES-A-DODSON@homedepot.com ALso Amanda Kisielewski flooring specialist at www.homedepot.com. 3023697080 ext.416

1. Compensation: taking my summer and being sick Sep 24, 2014 $1,000.00
2. Damages: walls, doors, trim, wood rails, cabinets and refig. Sep 24, 2014 $1,200.00
3. Refund: flooring / installation Sep 24, 2014 $4,243.95
4. Pay me for my time: clean up everytime they left Sep 24, 2014 $500.00
5. eating out/ laundry from having no kitchen or laundry Sep 24, 2014 $350.00
6. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Sep 24, 2014 $7.99

There has been no response to this claim from Home Depot (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved