D.M. vs. Go Auto/Southtown Chrysler

4404 - 66 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T6K 4E7, Canada
    • Filed On: Mar 28, 2020
    • Posted On: Apr 08, 2020
      • Problem with a product
"Had an appontment on Oct 10, 2019 for some repair work under First Canadian Protection Plans that was purchased at the time of the sales on December 2,2017 for my 2015 F-150. During the inspection of  my 2015 F-150, the service department representative contacted me with the discovery that the brakes were needing to be replaced, along with the rotors. These repairs are not covered under the First Canadian Protection Plan (FCPP). The only covererage under FCPP was the repair of the front driver side bearing. At this time, I decided for Southtown Crysler to go ahead with these repairs, which came up to $2177.61 which I paid $1741.81 for the brakes and rotors.
The customer service from this representative was unethical and unprofessional from the time I dropped off my vehicle for repairs until my current situation. I had purchased this vehicle at this specific dealership that is under GoAuto as I thought that they would better assist me with all the issues I was having with this unit. Southtwn Chrysler did nothing assist myself as a customer that paid $75,810.84 for a vehicle that had many issues at time of sale.
Not to long after, I was employed 12hrs from my home and began notiing that the front driver side that they did majority of the repairs on began to make noises. It was very hard for me to make the time to take the vehicle back to Edmonton AB at this time due to the high demand of my position as a Social Worker.
I finally made contact with Southtown Chrysler and made an appointment for February 14, 2020 with a different representative. As the appointment came closer, the lady I dealt with in October called me with poor customer service stating that "they will not take responsiblity for any damages caused by ownership". Yet they were the only ones to have replaced all brakes and rotors. I was unable to make appointment that day  due to work and I rescheduled for February 17, 2020. The day I was to take my truck to Edmonton from my residence which is 109 kms away, my brakes on the front driver side decided to fly out from my rim as I approaching a T intersection. This was someting that I had never seen or of in my entire life. This could have cause my family and myself serious injury. At this time I called Southtown Chrysler and spoke with the same unethical representative with no assistance or accountability for what just happened. I continued to deal with this representative and there was no help or sympathy at all that my famly could have been harmed or seriously hurt.

I gave them time to try reach out, but there has been no response or contact by them at all. I finally decided to take it to a nearby Ford dealership on March 24 2020 to pay for the repairs myself as I need my vehicle. These repairs cost me another $947.25. The Ford dealership found that the cause of failure was due to inproper installment.This is the reason I am reaching out to People Claim due to the severity of this case. I have all documents required as evidence to these claims."
  • 10-10-2019 — 1st Appointment date
  • 02-14-2020 — 2nd Appointment date
  • 03-24-2020 — Ford repairs and conclusion
Exhibits View
1. Compensation: missed hours of work Oct 24, 2019 $250.00
2. Damages: cost of repairs Mar 26, 2020 $2,689.06
3. Monetary items with amounts to be determined: rims and clear coat Mar 26, 2020 TBD*
4. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Oct 24, 2019 $14.99
Cash total : $2,954.05*
*Amount shown is not final: total will increase when pending amount(s) are known and entered.

There has been no response to this claim from Go Auto/Southtown Chrysler. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Brian Edderly On 06-02-2020
    If the brakes that Go Auto/Southtown Chrysler installed FELL OFF, then obviously they need to reimburse you!!!!! More...
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 04-13-2020
    Per the facts given (and lack of response) Go Auto/Southtown Chrysler appears to be guilty of gross negligence by its repair department and should compensate claimant for repairs and missed work. It should also find out what went wrong so that it doesn't endanger future customers More...