DUKE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEMS-Dispute-#1317518

Ro vs. Duke University Health Systems
3400 WAKE FOREST DRIVE, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27609, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Apr 17, 2012
    • Posted On: Apr 28, 2012
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
      • Discrimination
      • Failure to repair/replace basic household utilities
"I WAS ALLOWED TO MAKE PARTAL RENT PAYMENTS FOR RENT $680.00 PER MONTH. I WAS ALLOWED TO MAKE PARTIAL PAYMENT THEN I WAS PRESENTED WITH A DEMAND LETTER FOR $6000 FOR BACK RENT PAYMENTS. I WAS SUED IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT 3/29/2012 AND THE MAGISTRATE FOUND IN THEIR FAVOR. I WAS NEVER GIVEN A COPY OF THE PROCEEDINGS OR ORDER, I NOW OWE THEM >$6000.00 AND AM EVICTED . THE LIMIT HERE IS $5000.00
THIS CASE WAS INSTIGATED WHEN I COMPAINED OF UNSAFE CONDITIONS, LEAKING PIPES ,MOLD , STOVE AND DISHWASHER BROKEN FOR OVER A YEAR,NO MAINTANENCE INSIDE FOR > 10 YEARS.I NEED A COPY OF THE DECISION AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW 2 PAST DUE RENT PAYMENTS OF $680.00 BECAME >$6000 INLESS THAN 2 YEARS AND WHY THE SECURITY DEPOSIT OF $1000.00 AND LAST MONTHS RENT PAYMENT OF $1000.00 JUST DIS APPEARED. I WORK AT DUKE RALEIGH AS A PART-TIME RN, I WILL PROBABLY QUIT AS I AM BECOMING INDIGENT DUE TO THIS MATTER, I AM ALSO HAVING ENORMOUS DIFFICULTY FINDING A PLACE TO LIVE."
Non-Cash
1. ALLOW ME TO VACATE IN PEACE May 02, 2012 N/A
Cash
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost May 02, 2012 $7.95
2. Other – Physical delivery charges May 02, 2012 $2.99
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from DUKE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEMS. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Comment: by — Online mediator
  • On: 05-10-2012
  • I'm sorry to read about this sensitive case...it's always tough to deal with this stuff.
    My advice would be:
    first of all, try to get your hands on the court files. I don't think it legal to be sued and not see the evidence.
    Secondly, it would be a good idea to gather all your receipts regarding paying the rent and utilities, so you can have the proof that you did your part of the agreement.
    I wish you all the best, and keep us updated with what's going on.
    Sandra