L.N. vs. Directv - Headquarters

L. N. vs. Directv
2230 E Imperial Hwy, El Segundo, California, 90245-3504, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
Complaint(s): Bad business practices
"I talked to 4 different sales people trying to get me to change to Directv. I said i would if they had the Pac12 network. All said they did have it. So I switched to directv. When the tech installed the system and was done he asked me if i had any questions. I said what channel is the Pac12 network on. He said they don't have it. That is my complaint, they all were dishonest with me. I didn't know they would be dishonest to get my business. They want to charge me a disconnect fee because I don't want their service."
Claimant invites DirecTV to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Mar 05, 2018 $14.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from DirecTV. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Alan Trachtman On 03-16-2018
    Virtually all of the cable-tv and internet providers are, imho, some of the most shameless and avaricious liars in the American business landscape. In your case frankly you screwed up, by not getting the information you needed in writing before signing up with these people. What you should know is that virtually all the cable and satellite companies employ independent contractors to do their installations for them when their own installation people have too much of a backlog of pending new account orders. Since the fellow who installed your service was probably not an employee of DirecTV, he had no reason to lie to you, and therefore he told you the truth. Frankly I think you made a mistake that's simply not worth starting a legal battle over, so it's probably smarter to just take your lumps and move on. Off the record, my advice to you is to simply cancel your account & tell the creeps that they won't be getting their dish & modem etc back unless they waive their disconnect fee for the simple reason that THEY LIED TO YOU! The next thing I'd do if I were you would be to sign up with the Dish Network, which from personal experience I can tell you offer a much better service, and never lied to me... rare, coming from any telecommunications company unfortunately.