American Airlines horrible customer service and maintainance policies

M. F. vs. American Airlines
Amount Involved: Other terms
"On September 24, 2010 Me, Maria Arlette Fuentes and my son Christopher Fuentes were booked in flight 2189 from Miami International Airport leaving to Panama city Panama at 11:30 am. The flight was ultimately canceled after the first airplane reported mechanical damage and the second airplane we were told to board also reported mechanical damage. I spent the entire day in the airport waiting for nothing.
When the captain told us to leave the second airplane since the flight was now canceled, I left by mistake my passport holder case containing my and my son's American passports. I reported the incident to the AA people working at the rebooking desk but they said that the plane was taken to the hangar and they couldn't check the plane. Then they told me that security went inside the plane and didn't find anything. Then I find out that they were not sure they had checked the right plane since BOTH planes supposed to go to Panama were sent to the hangar for mechanical reasons. Since then I've calling American Airlines Lost and Found and nobody is willing to help me. I am just asking for someone to make sure both planes under the Fligh 2189 Panama were checked for my and my son's passport! I need to know if I should report them lost already or keep hope that someone will help me with this matter. This is very very frustrating since no one in that company cares anymore about their customers. I can promise you not me or any of my family members will ever travel with American Airlines again!"
  • 09-24-2010 — Flight AA2189 cancelled and passports losts
Claimant invites American Airlines to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from American Airlines. This claim will remain posted until resolved