Claim #4123726 against: Xtremehca.Com. Healthconnect. 888 991 6968

• Claim NO: #4123726
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $89.90
    • Filed On: Jun 08, 2013
    • Posted On: Jun 19, 2013
    • Customer service runarounds

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

A man named Ken called me May 21, 2013 at 7:12 P.M. to say Xtreme HCA was conducting a study on weight loss if I was interested. I would receive a free bottle to use for 30 days and if no results, I could send back the bottle and just pay shipping of 4.97. I said no, because I was leary of such proposals. He assured me that he was a "legitiment" sales person and if he was not above board, he could lose his job. During the conversation, he said that after I received my bottle of pills, after 15 days I would be charged 79.99 for two bottles, a deal. I said, absolutely not, so goodbye. He then said to call the day I received my bottle, and cancel any shipments and I would only have to pay the $4.97 shipping on the "free" bottle. I asked him if the conversation was being taped, and he said yes. (I wanted proof) I received the bottle June 5 and called the company at 10:45 and talked to Sheena, to cancel , as instructed by Ken. She assured me that there would be no further shipments. The cancellation was order #679783. As I was checking my bank statement today, June 8, there was a charge on my account from Xtreme HCA from South Jordan, Utah. I called the number on the bank statement ( 888-294-4134) and talked with Joe about this charge and repeated what had been told me, and he said nothing could be done about it. I requested to speak to a manager, and he said he was the lead and there was no one else. I told him I talked with Ken, etc. He rudely said he didn't know anything about that. He said he saw where I talked with Sheena and cancelled but that the shipment was made that day and I could not do anything about it. (very convenient!!!!) I told him he was being rude and asked him where he was located and he said he did not have to tell me. I was very upset at this point and said I was contacting the BBB, that the whole thing was a sham. Isn't there something I can do? The original number I called was 1--877-781-0465 Order 673-077.

Bad Business Practices
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Harrassment
  • Poor customer service
  • Unfair practice

I called back after I hung up the first time, and Joe answered again. I went over it all a second time, and he said he could put back $25.00 into my account. I agreed, since this was better than nothing, BUT I was lied to the first time, and should receive all that I was charged $89.90.

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

Companies like this should be shut down.

Customer Service Runarounds

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which Xtremehca.Com. Healthconnect. 888 991 6968 can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Refund: product and shipping Jun 23, 2013 $89.90
Total : $89.90
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by LuJean B. - On: 11/07/2013
  • I agree! I wanted to return the bottle of Xtream drops, but the person answering the phone said "NO". I could only return it and get a refund if I received the wrong item.

• Comment: Contributed by Sierra A. - On: 08/18/2013
  • You should not only get your money back but you should also get pain and suffering. You might also want to file an anonymous complaint with the IRS for organized crime because that is what it is. Send the bottle that you have to the FDA for evaluation. I have had the same exact problem and filed a complaint myself. They lie and steal.

• Comment: Contributed by Tuckabee - On: 06/27/2013
  • I would like the $99.90 charge returned to me. I do not want or plan to keep the product.

• Comment: Contributed by Tuckabee - On: 06/27/2013
  • The exact same thing just happened to me. I received my free bottle for $4.97 shipping and handling and also purchased a "year's supply" of a Super cleanse which I paid $19.95 for and felt swindled into. There are only 60 tablets in the Super cleanse jar, which I believe is hardly a year supply.

The ship date was 6/11/2013 and I have hardly had a chance to try the product. Yet I just noticed today 6/27/2013, that a charge of $99.90 was taken from my checking account! It was completely unexpected. I don't remember ANY conversation that indicated there would be an automatic charge, let alone something so high. A $99.90 charge would have been memorable if it had been mentioned, but it was not mentioned during the sales call, and I have not talked to them since.

I did not solicit their original phone call - they called me presumably from some phone list they bought.

I called them immediately and refused to give me a refund even if I returned the product which they claimed was already in the mail.

If I return the product that I do not want, they absolutely should refund my money, especially since I was never informed until 6/27 of the additional charges or 15 day deadly to reply and cancel the next shipment.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.