western gps llc-Dispute-#8119903 : $995.00

• View response from: Western Gps Llc
    • Claim #: 8119903
    • Filed On: May 29, 2012
    • Posted On: Jun 09, 2012
  • Win the reward (200 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (3) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Policy issue
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Poor customer service
  • Unfair practice
Problem With A Service
  • Bad advice and/or instructions
"I Just Feel Ripped Off."
View Western GPS LLC's response

Claimant's opinion:

Fee charged of 995.00 for research on account to see if I wanted to lower our interest rates on charge card. I did not sign and return printed copy. I called and said to not file as we had decided not to do this service. They told me I paid for their knowledge and research and will not refund it. They filed on my charge card on may 9th. I did not receive the folder of info until the 21st of may

Please see what you can do for me. They told me that no use even to try as not a part of the bbb

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Western Gps Llc is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Refund: billing fee Jun 13, 2012 $995.00
2. Copy claim to regulators Jun 13, 2012 $14.95
3. Pay for claim posting cost Jun 13, 2012 $7.95
4. Physical delivery charges Jun 13, 2012 $2.99

Response from Western Gps Llc Hide

• Western GPS LLC to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
    Respondent has rejected claimant's terms. This claim will remain posted until mutually acceptable terms are agreed to.
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"Complainant: Fritz, Sandra Complaint # 8119903-184510 June 19, 2012 To whom it may concern, We have carefully reviewed the information given to us regarding the complaint against Western GPS LLC. We have come to the following conclusion: We provide a liability elimination and acceleration service to Sandra Fritz. The purchase date is May 7, 2012. The purchase price is $995.00. We do have a cancellation policy that has not been enforced by our client. The consumers that are contacted are “opt-in” leads. This means the consumer, at one point or another, expressed interest in our service through a direct client or other advertisement. Once more, once on the telephone, the consumer must press their telephone key pad to accept the call and to hear more about the service we provide. In addition, we record all the conversations that take place between our clients and their sales representative. Therefore we have a recorded verbal agreement where Mrs. Fritz gave a clear “yes” in agreement with the $995.00 charge. The tracking number for the package sent to Mrs. Fritz is: 2311 2790 0000 1606 2754. • Here is our Cancellation Policy: “Customers will have 48 hours to cancel everything at no charge. After 48 hours Customer will have 10 business days to request a refund by returning their unopened package and will be responsible for shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee. Western GPS LLC will not be responsible for a lost or damage package.” The date in which Mrs. Fritz had to cancel by is May 17, 2012. This is 10 days from the purchase date. She did not indicate she wanted to cancel before that date. We have provided our client with the knowledge of how she will save money by taking our guidance on what 0% APR credit cards she could take advantage of. Her credit cards interest rates were high; that combined with the amount of credit card debt she holds would have resulted in her paying over $30,000.00 in interest alone over the term of her loan. We provided valuable knowledge and research for her to achieve the best case scenario, which is to help her pay 100% of her debt off with 0% interest. We gave a guarantee to Sandra where if we could not help her save at least $3000.00 over the term of her loans, we would refund the one-time fee of $995.00 to her. We have exceeded that guarantee. That savings, along with the fact that Mrs. Fritz did not cancel within the allotted time frame concludes that Sandra Fritz is not eligible for a refund. She holds a membership with Western GPS LLC and we will continue to work with her at her request. • Here is our Disclaimer that is available to all our clients: “I understand all debts or payments listed with Western GPS LLC must be paid in accordance with my creditor's legal loan documents, and Western GPS LLC is not responsible for errors or inaccuracies in the payment schedule resulting from such information supplied by me. I also understand that Western GPS LLC does not guarantee any interest rate reductions with my creditors. That such a result would be within my ability and earned between myself and my creditors. NOTICE: Western GPS LLC, hereafter referred to as WM&T, is not a debt management company, WM&T does not negotiate or take any other actions on your behalf directly with your creditors, but will educate you and show you the best ways for you to negotiate with your creditors. WM&T will not pay your debts, and will not receive or otherwise control your funds to distribute those funds to your creditors. WM&T will not improve your credit record, history or rating but will educate you on how you can control your own personal situation and show you how you can save money.” Our client Sandra Fritz, has received our services and continues to do so. She did not request to cancel services with our company within the allotted cancellation timeframe. If you have further questions regarding this information, please contact our office at 1-800-530-1093. Sincerely, Western GPS LLC"

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.

Additional Communication Between Claimant and Western Gps Llc View

• Comment: Contributed by FRANK R. - On: 09/12/2012
  • DISPUTE THE CHARGE FOR SERVICES NOT RENDERED I DID AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY PUT THE MONEY BACK IN MY ACCT. AND INVESTIGATED AND DETERMINED THE COMPANY WAS IN THE WRONG THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ARE WELL AWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK HOPE THIS HELPS

• Comment: Contributed by FRANK R. - On: 09/12/2012
  • I DISPUTED THE CHARGE WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY PUT THE MONEY BACK IN MY ACCT. AFTER THEY DID RESEARCH THEY PROVED THAT THE COMPANY DIDNT SUPPLY THE SERVICES THEY PROMISED AND THAT WAS THE END OF IT THEY HAVE A BAD NAME AND ALL THE CREDIT CARD COMPANYS KNOW THEM REAL WELL

• Comment: Contributed by Nelda C. - On: 09/04/2012
  • I, ncrawford13@hotmail dealt with a Samantha at Western GPS LLC,Tempe, Az. All I want is the money credited back to my account, then I will be FINISHED with their scam.

• Comment: Contributed by Nelda C. - On: 09/04/2012
  • I have also been scammed byWestern GPS LLC,Tempe, Az.

• Comment: Contributed by michelle - On: 08/16/2012
  • A suggest a Class Action Suit, their actions if not illegal are UNETHICAL.

• Comment: Contributed by michelle - On: 08/16/2012
  • A Scam all the way, be careful! They ruined my credit card

• Comment: Contributed by Kimberly W. - On: 08/15/2012
  • We apologize for the trouble you have experienced with our representatives. We would like to resolve your refund issues, if you would please state the name of the person who signed up with Western GPS LLC I can research and escalate the refund. Thank you, Western GPS LLC

• Comment: Contributed by sonia w. - On: 08/06/2012
  • Get a much lower interest rate.

• Comment: Contributed by akpudge@y - On: 07/05/2012
  • I, too, have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with this business. It appears they prey on elderly and vulnerable individuals. They will tell you they have a 48 hour cancellation policy. My client requested to cancel after 12 hours and was told it was too late. They deny telephone solicitations, yet THEY telephoned my client. They will claim they record all telephone conversations, but "we don't record the part of the conversation that discusses the financial terms." They discuss one cost, yet charge a significantly higher fee. They bounced the telephone conversation from representative to representative to representative. And of course, each representative "heard" the agreement to pay the higher cost. They charge an exorbitant fee to provide a service that can be done for nothing or for a nominal amount. The only solution for businesses like this is to report complaint to BBB, be cautious with telephone solicitations, and get the word out about this business any way you can. If you are elderly or a vulnerable adult, I suggest contacting the Social Service agency in your state dealing with exploiation of vulnerable populations. It appears this "business" is deceitful and unscrupulous.

• Comment: Contributed by akpudge@y - On: 07/05/2012
  • Unfortunately I have also had the experience of dealing with this "business." They prey on vulnerable and elderly clients. Their policies are not clealy discussed with clients and they do not honor a 48 hour cancellation fee. My client was refused after 12 hours, and told "it's too late." Despite their claims, they record only "portions" of the verbal contract made over the telephone. It appears one figure is discussed, yet a much highter figure is charged to the client. Also, they will claim they do not solicit by telephone - yet THEY called my client. They bounce their call from representative to representive to representative - prior to "sealing their deal" - further confusing, again, a vulnerable or elderly individual. I find it interesting the telephone number they provide is not answered with a business identification. Furthermore, the "service" they provide exprbitant fees for can be done without their "assistance" for nothing or for a nominal fee. The only solution is to continue to make compaints to the BBB, use caution with telephone solicitors, and generally get the word out that this agency is apparently unscrupulous and deceitful.