Claim #1010823 against: Usaa Insurance

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

I was injured in Iraq in 2007 and my home was damaged by wind hail and water and was vandalized/burglarized in 2009 while I was still in rehab. I have completed all repairs out of pocket by summer of 2011 and spent my life savings doing it. I spent over $65,000.00 of my savings. They claim to to take care of soldiers but they simply do not do as they advertise. Also their left hand does not know what their right hand is doing, in Military Terms ALL ATE UP. Where are they??????

Bad Business Practices
  • Negligence causing harm

They have certainly caused grief and concern to my family and others. I am joining a group of military persons and the concerns and sign to have them not use the military as their back drop for their ads any more. Thanks

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

They're ripping other folks off, too.

• Jul 05, 2012, Claiming party added:
  • USAA is just not doing as they advertize

• Jul 05, 2012, Claiming party added:
  • My narrative and story July 05, 2012

I was deployed to Iraq in 2006 and was permately combat injured March 22nd 2007 in Iraq be an explosive device. I was in medical hold at Fort hood Texas then moved to Keesler/ Sonny Montgomery Medical Center and the admitted to Martin Army Community Hospital at Fort Benning for rehab and other therapy. Was med retired by the Army 100% disabled.
    During the time period from my deployment to present my home and other structers were damaged by wind, hail, and water. I had payed faithfully all my premiums. I have spent my life savings of over $65,000.00 for repairs and USAA has been really been absent for taking care of this soldier and his immediate needs. I have been home for one year and six months. I have had to file a chaper 13 protection because they have been dragging thier feet since last summer of 2011. Policey number 019636291/92A.
    I also believe they also have commited advertizing fruad saying they take care of military and should cease from riding on our coat tails. They are in violation of the disabilities act statute #508 and #504 pretty sure due to my situation and disabilities. They were fully informed of my disabilities in 2008 and 2009 and 2010 and 2011.
    Its sad when your insurance company is almost putting me and me family under a bridge living because they are who they are, just plain Idiots.
    Darrell ********

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which Usaa Insurance can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Damages: wind,water, hail damages Jul 15, 2012 $65,000.00
2. Recovery of Losses: missing cabinets Jul 15, 2012 $31,000.00
3. Pay me for my time: 6,0000 plus hours Jul 15, 2012 $24,000.00
4. Monetary item(s) with amount(s) to be determined: roofs,cars, sanity Jul 15, 2012 $0.00
5. Copy claim to regulators Jul 15, 2012 $14.95
6. Include public posting fee Jul 15, 2012 $7.95
7. Physical delivery charges Jul 15, 2012 $2.99
Make Me Happy!
Claimant is open to an offer.
Total : $120,025.89
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

Latest Response from Usaa Insurance

• USAA Insurance to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
Claim is declined by USAA Insurance for the following reason:
  • For another reason

The issues presented by Sergeant Whited will be addressed through his complaint filed with the Alabama Department of Insurance.

Attached Exhibits

• 111631_634770914002371442_94756.doc View
  • Review View

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by Jennifer S. - On: 07/22/2012
  • As you have already filed a complaint with the Alabama Department of Insurance (ALDOI), and will be following up with that, I would definitely encourage you to look into the possibility of mediation which is offered through the ALDOI. If your damage is from storm or disaster related damage, you may be eligible for the state sponsored mediation program.

• Comment: Contributed by Darrell W. - On: 07/16/2012

• Comment: Contributed by Darrell W. - On: 07/16/2012
  • they are sending a Rep out tomorrow to meet on location. It took a year just to get them out here. Now its wait and see. We will know tomorrow what their going to do. My claim may be solved tomorrow or we are prepared to take it to the next level with your help and some very pesty attorney's. I do not like lawyers but today you can't get by with out them. Oh yea, their comments are and always will be seen through by us little folks as getting screwed and tatooed. They are the perpetrators and sending veterans to live under bridges and they do know how to play their games. Their ajusters are trained to do the dance also, screw the veteran. They come with their scripted questions and always will side with the insurance company. I lived for almost a tear under a bridge and camper with my two sons. If it wasn't for other people who know the insurance world and family and volunteers I would still be under the bridge in my wheelchair. Will be happy to send pictures protesting USAA in front of city hall in 2009 and 2010.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.