Urban Bleu Beauty Salon Dispute

I had an appointment at 12:15 on 30 Sept 2014. Before I made the appointment, I requested (at least twice) that I needed to be seen on time (because I had a flight to catch). At 12:30, the stylist (Randi) finally started to service me. I (as previously agreed upon) brought my own temporary color in (I'm allergic to most color/rinces). Randi put the color on and said I'd have to "sit under the dryer for 15 min". 30 minutes later (not the 15 that she said), while Randi is eating Dorito chips, and servicing another customer, I came from under the dryer and told her that the color had been on too long and she needed to rinse my hair. As Randi was rolling my hair, another employee came over and asked "what's going on". Randi started fabricating what had happened, stating that, "she (me) was upset because she had to wait for 5 minutes". This other employee (Vivian) also the owner and Randi's mother, started yelling at me, telling me that Randi was a professional and (among other things) she was upset that I was not happy with Randi's service, and that she (Vivian) would make sure she'd charge me extra for everything from her service to "using her electricity". After coming form the dryer, Vivian, although she had another customer, wanted to take my rollers out (so she could continue verbally abuse me). Vivian saying yelling "everytime you go into a doctor's office, (etc), nobody gets into an appointment on time". I told Vivian that "clearly my standards are higher than this salon's". This response made her even crazier. Vivian, purposely hanking the rollers out of my hair so severely that I started to get up from my seat. Vivian's behavior clearly starteded another employee so much so that she came over to stop her; this employee gently proceeded taking the rollers out of myhair. While there was only 3 or 4 rollers left to take out, Randi came and said "let me finish", and she too violently proceeded hanking the rollers out of my hair. This salon charged me 89.75 for service that was supposed to be $45.00 Expressing my dissatisfaction (Randi late, staying under dryer twice as long as safely required for color, cost), the verbal and physical abuse, from Vivian especially, was unwarranted, unprofessional, and extremely abusive. Vivian yelled at me (protecting her daughter's pseudo professionalism) on and off from the time my hair was being rolled, and continued while I was sitting under the dryer. So belligerent that I felt the need to call the county sherriff*. Before the sheriffs arrived, Vivian left the salon. No exaggeration; Vivian's behavior was nothing less than someone I've witnessed who's under the influence of some strong illegal drug ...like PCP.
*Over the phone and in person, I expressed the importance of me getting in and out of the salon within a couple hours. I was dissatisfied with the service and results from the service so I offered to pay $50. After a discussion with the officer, I was convincd to pay the entire (made up) $89.75.
Not only was Vivian's behavior horrendous, but the results of my hair end results was the worse my hair has ever been. Randi did not condision my hair, the (one shampoo) wasn't completely rinsed, they started hanking the rollers out of my hair before it was dry causing my hair not to hold the curl.
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I strongly believe Vivian started waving her scissors in front of me as a threat.

Complaint(s) Involved (4) Hide
  • Poor customer service
  • Poor quality
  • Safety issues
  • Unfair practice

Claimant's opinion: Vivian, being as angry as she was, saying she was going to charge me for everything from breathing her air to using her electricity.
At one point, Vivian was waving her scissors like she wanted me to see she had a weapon.

Problem With A Service
  • Delivery problem
  • Service wasn't completed as promised
  • Rude behavior
  • Poor customer service

Claimant's opinion: Was told the service would be $45, but Urban Bleu charged $87.50.

Overcharge Or Billing Error
  • Wrongfully billed
  • Unreasonable fees
Poor Value For Money
  • Should be better quality
  • Too little / not enough for price
What Claimant Wants
  • Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Urban Bleu Beauty Salon is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
Claimant invites Urban Bleu Beauty Salon to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint (subject to acceptance by claimant).
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Oct 30, 2014 $14.99
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Oct 30, 2014 $7.99
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Oct 30, 2014 $2.99
Cash total : TBD
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points. See how it works.
Invite a mediator to help get your claim resolved fairly.