Claim #1454600 against: United Airlines, Inc.

• Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Claim NO: #1454600
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $400.00
    • Filed On: Jul 06, 2011
    • Posted On: Jul 21, 2011
    • Unreasonable delays

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

United airlines needs to communicate more clearly with passengers during an emergency situation. "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer when there is major emergency impacting the travel plans of thousands of people. "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer when a passenger asks for the location of one's personal belongings and the date that those items will be returned.

Unreasonable Delays

Flight Scheduled for June 17, 2011 from San Francisco to Frankfurt, Germany. United Airlines Computer crashed. My baggage was lost for 2 days. The next available flight was June 20, 2011 which resulted in my arriving at my destination, Prague, on June 22, 2011. I had pre-paid for a Rick Steve's Tour and hotel accommodations in Prague.

Problem With A Service
  • Bad advice and/or instructions
  • Lack of disclosure
  • Delivery problem
  • Poor customer service

The airlines was not forthcoming with information on whether or not to remain at the airport on June 17, 2011. As a result, I waited at the airport until 1:00 a.m., 6 hours after the time of my scheduled flight.
It took 2 trips to the airport and several phone calls over a two day period to locate my luggage. No one was able to provide me with the exact location of my luggage until the evening of June 19, 2011.

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which United Airlines, Inc. can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Compensation: 2 days of lost time and money searching the airport for luggage for Diane Johansen and Nancy Hansen Jul 21, 2011 $400.00
2. Refund: hotel accommodations, loss of Rick Steve's Tour cost, additional cost of traveling to and from the airport, meals for Nancy Hansen Jul 21, 2011 $1,203.12
3. Refund: hotel accommodations, loss of Rick Steve's Tour cost, additional cost of traveling to and from the airport, meals for Diane Johansen Jul 21, 2011 $1,203.12
Non Cash settlement
1. Upgrade: economy plus seating Jul 21, 2011
Make Me Happy!
Claimant is open to an offer.
Total : $400.00
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by basilstar - On: 10/24/2012
  • My daughter had delays on her flight from Chicago to BWI. The delays extended so late that she had to pick up a flight in the morning. Through their customer service, I was patched to a reservations group who booked a room for her which I paid for over the phone. I received an electronic receipt for that transaction. The hotel never received the information because United Airline / Continental Airlines submitted the reservation throught Expedia. When my daughter arrived at the customer counter, they had run out of hotel vouchers. They gave her the number of Customer Service at the desk. I have now been going around in emails with United Airlines trying to get my reimbursement. They keep offering me vouchers which I no longer wish to have. My daughter has been on two flights with United Airlines this year with extensive delays and destroying personal property.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.