My Claim vs. Rug Wash Of Kearny, Nj

• Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Mar 08, 2017
    • Posted On: Mar 19, 2017

I contacted Rug Wash and they picked up on Jan 9/17 - two carpets - a black/white cow hide and a antique hooked rug - both approximately 4 X 8 foot - the pick up person (Jimmy) promised to call me with an estimate the next day - it never came - on Friday 2/17 the rugs were returned to my apartment at 7:00 pm (the delivery was scheduled between 2:00 and 4:00 pm) - it was Jimmy again another person - the price for the cleaning - $2565.00 - I almost fainted - this was an outrages amount for cleaning my two rugs - but now let me tell you about the payment : the "other person" was so intimidating that I felt for my safety - he not only demanded my credit card - but demanded further identification - like my passport - I was shaken and glad when they left - this was like a Mafia shake down - I contacted Rug Wash on Friday 2/24/17 with a request to give me a break down as to how Rug Wash arrived at the amount of $2565 - I was promised they would - but nothing has happened since - I believe now that this was a plant "SHAKE DOWN" - nothing will convince me other wise.

Complaint(s) Involved (1) Hide
"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

Claimant's opinion: already stated - see item # 2

What Claimant Wants
  • Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Rug Wash Of Kearny, Nj is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Mar 23, 2017 $7.99
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points. See how it works.
Invite a mediator to help get your claim resolved fairly.