Claim #7137234 against: Publishers Clearing House

• Claim NO: #7137234
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $128.00
    • Filed On: Mar 13, 2013
    • Posted On: Mar 24, 2013

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

I was a finalist in a sweepstakes they ask me for my bank acount number not thinking i gave it to them then ask why they needed it they said it was for a magazine subscipsion told him there was not enough money to cover there amount so they took the money out anyway. that over drafted my account. I want my money replaced to my acount if i have overdraft fees i want them paid also they need to be made to stop ripping people off

Bad Business Practices
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Unfair practice

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

the money they withdrew from my acount plus any overdraft fees

• Apr 03, 2013, Publishers Clearing House (responding party) added:
  • Thanks for filing this informatoin and providing us the opportunity to respond. The contact you reference was not from the real Publishers Clearing House. At PCH we never ask for bank account information. The details you set forth indicate you were contacted by a scam operator illegally using our name to defraud. We work closely with law enforcement on such matters and would ask that you provide us further details about the names used in your contact and the specfics about where the debited money was sent.

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which Publishers Clearing House can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Compensation: money from my bank acount plus overdraft fees Mar 29, 2013 $64.00
2. Recovery of Losses: money from my acount Mar 31, 2013 $64.00
Total : $128.00
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

Latest Response from Publishers Clearing House

• Publishers Clearing House to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
Claim is declined by Publishers Clearing House for the following reason:
  • For another reason

The contact this consumer received was not from the real Publishers Clearing House. We would advise the consumer contact their local law enforcememt and consumer protectoin offices.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Let the PeopleClaim community help resolve your dispute.

Get Help
Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.