B.H. vs. Moore Cadillac : $1,000.00

• Overcharge or billing error
Complaint(s) Involved (2) Hide
Overcharge Or Billing Error
  • Overcharged
"I Just Feel Ripped Off."
View Moore Cadillac's response
Claimant's opinion:

A few days ago my ABS TRAK light came on on my dash and I made an appointment for my 2009 Cadillace CTS at Moore Cadillac in Dulles, VA. My Service Advisor was Melissa Robinson. I arrived Thursday morning, May 26th to have the problem diagnosed and resolved. The car was driving fine when I took it in to Moore Cadillac Service Dept.

About an hour and a half later, Ms. Robinson came out to tell me what was going on with my car and the repair costs. In repairing my right hub assembly sensor ring and stabilitrak, the repair cost came to a little over $600 which I agreed to pay. About an hour later Ms. Robinson came back to tell me that something awful had happened. Upon testing, the technician fould that the right rear hub went and had to also be repaired. This increased my price to $1,249.02.

On my way home, I noticed the car was acting very irratic in a stop go with my dah lights going on and off. After reaching Leesburg, I decided to stop off to get some gas since my trip to my Atlanta Family Reunion was early Friday morning. After getting my gas, I found that the car would not start. After spending over $1,200 I now had a car that would start and I was well over 20 miles from the dealership. After getting help to push my car out of the way so that others could get gas, I called AAA and my service advisor back. No one at the gas station had jumper cables so I waited the 45 minutes for the AAA technician. He arrived and jumped me. I told him my story on what had happened.

I arrived back to Moore Cadillac to find that my service advisor, Melissa Robinson, had gone for the day and passed me on to a gentleman by the name of Craig. I passed on to him the hell I was going through but he was patient and had 2 technicians to check my car out. They told me that they would have to keep it overnight and would get a better look at it tomorrow. I explained to him that I had already paid for a hotel room in Georgia for my family reunion and that I would be there. Craig set me up for a loaner car for that Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

I arrived back from the reunion that Tuesday morning back to Moore Cadillac to pick up my car and got another surprise. My car needed an alternator and battery of course out of the blue that jacked the repair costs to my car now a whopping $1,938.37. I feel that I was taken advantage of in going to get one thing taken care of and now oweing nearly $2,000.

A person feels helpless when they have your car and just start adding up parts, and labor charges. Please look into this for me. I already know that I will never go back there for anything and I noticed that each time I went there last year, my repair cost was always at least $500. Please help me if you can.

What Claimant Wants
  • Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Moore Cadillac is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Monetary items with amounts to be determined: Repair costs Jun 19, 2016 $1,000.00
Response from Moore Cadillac Hide
  • Moore Cadillac to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
    Respondent has rejected claimant's terms. This claim will remain posted until mutually acceptable terms are agreed to.
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Moore Cadillac View
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points. See how it works.

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS CLAIM Hide

The PeopleClaim community includes volunteers who are passionate about justice – consumer advocates, legal professionals, people with knowledge of specific industries and trades, and anyone who has useful suggestions to help disputing parties resolve a case.
  • Question: Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016
    • Cadillac Moore have you contacted the claimant?

• Comment: Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016
  •  Cadillac Moore have you contacted the claimant?

• Question: Contributed by Jim W., Former Atip Intern, Occasional Contributor And Moderator On: 06/16/2016
  • I'm seeing an original price of $1249 and a final bill of $1938, including charges relating to the problem discovered later with the alternator. Moore says they charged nothing for labor to check out the electrical system, replace the battery, alternator, or replace a hub bearing, and also absorbed the cost of the battery. Assuming the original $1249 includes the no-charge for the hub bearing, the difference is $689.  Does that amount represent a reasonable parts cost for the alternator?

• Question: Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016
  • Claimant have you had your issue resolved?

• Question: Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016
  • To the claimant: have you contacted Moore Cadillac after they commented back?

• My Solution: Moore Cadillac should contact the claimant and give a thorough explanation
  • Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016

• Moore Cadillac should contact the claimant and give a thorough explanation as to why they couldn't give a correct evaluation of the car issued in the first place and remind the claimant that they already give them free labor to help ease the problem,...  this should have built a good rapport with the claimant; like other companies give a store credit to keep the customer satisfied . After all $2000 worth of repair deserves a free oil change or tire fix or a no charge for labor.

How would you rate this solution?
  • Unfair
  • Very Fair
  • Comment: Contributed by Me'eraj I. On: 06/16/2016
  • It is very unfortunate that many practices can take advantage of others when they find themselves more knowledgable about a subject than others. Particularly in the case of the medical community and the auto repair  industry. However there should a more concrete resolution  on a national level like the smog check, that when a repairman claims your car has an issue , it is noted in a system and checked like the smog check system in California ; so this way there is a way to track down the issue to avoid fraud from taking place. The auto repair industry should be treated like or as forensic law.

• I understand from the claimant's statement that estimates were provided for the brake sensor repair and the additional unspecified work on the right rear hub, and that the claimant agreed.  It isn't clear that an estimate for the additional electrical work was provided or agreed to. The claimant says this was a surprise.  Was there any communication about additional work and was permission given to go ahead?

Invite a mediator to help get your claim resolved fairly.