mokan steaks-Dispute-#3081074

G. S. Vs. Mokan Steaks
623-B NW Valley Ridge Circle, Grain Valley, Missouri, 64029, United States
Claimant:

Mokan is a home delivery food service. On October 23, a representative came to my home selling frozen meat products. This was my first time encountering the company, but I had seen their truck before in another neighborhood. I was curious about the products and the prices and ask to see them. The food was well packaged, looked good, and frozen. I told the representative (Scott) that I was on a fixed income and could not afford to purchase today. After he discounted and threw in some fish, I said no, can't do it today, will call you later. He offered to split the payments in half; to be paid on the dates of my choice. I agreed and took a package deal of beef, poultry, and fish. The total came to $326.92: 1 payment of $163.46 on November 2, and 2nd. payment of 163.46 on December 3. I checked my account on the 7th; had several overdrafts + fees. That is when I discovered that they had sent in both payments. I called and left a message for Scott to call me. He did not; I sent an email Nov 12. Manager Rick called me to inquire about the problem. I explained and said I want a refund because they did not abide by the terms; and they jacked up my account causing checks to be returned with a fee. He apologized and said it was an accounting mistake. I replied, your mistake is costing me money. He said, it is too late, the transaction had already been made and he could not refund the money. He wanted to give me some more meat and a $40.00 credit on my next purchase. I said if it was a store, and I was dissatisfied, they would give me a refund. Then he said, because we are dealing with food, he could not take it back; he would have to throw it away. I said the food has been frozen since your man put it in my freezer and he knows the freezer is working. I insisted on a refund, mainly because his mistake caused my account to be drained and I still have bills to pay. I refused his offers, asked for a refund, said I'll talk to you later, and hung up. I sent an email earlier asking Rick to call me today to see if he would refund the money, but I decided to do this instead. I will not speak with them until I hear from you. Thank You

What Claimant Wants By When
1. Case of chicken + $50.00 Jan 10, 2013
Status: Seeking public comment/suggestions
Non-cash: 1 items
Offer History
Nov 13, 2012
Claimant's Terms of Settlement to MoKan Steaks
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Mokan Steaks View
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points.