Claim #3081074 against: Mokan Steaks

• Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: $224.40
  • Win the reward

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

Mokan is a home delivery food service. On October 23, a representative came to my home selling frozen meat products. This was my first time encountering the company, but I had seen their truck before in another neighborhood. I was curious about the products and the prices and ask to see them. The food was well packaged, looked good, and frozen. I told the representative (Scott) that I was on a fixed income and could not afford to purchase today. After he discounted and threw in some fish, I said no, can't do it today, will call you later. He offered to split the payments in half; to be paid on the dates of my choice. I agreed and took a package deal of beef, poultry, and fish. The total came to $326.92: 1 payment of $163.46 on November 2, and 2nd. payment of 163.46 on December 3. I checked my account on the 7th; had several overdrafts + fees. That is when I discovered that they had sent in both payments. I called and left a message for Scott to call me. He did not; I sent an email Nov 12. Manager Rick called me to inquire about the problem. I explained and said I want a refund because they did not abide by the terms; and they jacked up my account causing checks to be returned with a fee. He apologized and said it was an accounting mistake. I replied, your mistake is costing me money. He said, it is too late, the transaction had already been made and he could not refund the money. He wanted to give me some more meat and a $40.00 credit on my next purchase. I said if it was a store, and I was dissatisfied, they would give me a refund. Then he said, because we are dealing with food, he could not take it back; he would have to throw it away. I said the food has been frozen since your man put it in my freezer and he knows the freezer is working. I insisted on a refund, mainly because his mistake caused my account to be drained and I still have bills to pay. I refused his offers, asked for a refund, said I'll talk to you later, and hung up. I sent an email earlier asking Rick to call me today to see if he would refund the money, but I decided to do this instead. I will not speak with them until I hear from you. Thank You

Join our online dispute resolution community — over 30,000 members.
  • Resolve any dispute or complaint against anyone — no lawyers or courts.
  • Help others resolve disputes; you'll earn rewards and recognition.
  • Become a "public mediator" — open to anyone with negotiation skills.
    Learn more
    Contribute your idea for how to resolve the dispute shown on this page and you're part of the PeopleClaim "public mediator" community — people helping people resolve disputes. It's simple. You don't need legal knowledge or training. Submit your idea for a fair settlement and earn 25 points if one side likes it; get 100 points if both sides like it; and 200 points if the case is settled based on your suggestion.

Join our community and start resolving disputes — it's free and fast.

Already have an account? Log in with your PeopleClaim account or with Facebook.
Anyone can participate.
No legal or professoinal experience needed.

Help resolve this case

Read the full claim details, add your suggested resolution, and win the reward.
Resolution Points
  • 25 points if one party likes your solution
  • 100 points if both parties like it
  • 200 points if case settles based on your solution

Get Started: Review the case, ask the parties questions, add comments, then submit your suggestion for settlement.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment. Important: Claims against parties operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Make money helping people resolve complaints