Help create equal access to justice – become a team mediator. (All you need is a sense of justice and a passion for helping.)

Midwest center for stress : $54.90

• Amount Involved: $54.90
    • Filed On: Mar 28, 2011
    • Posted On: Apr 12, 2011
  • Win the reward (200 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (1) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Unfair practice

Claimant's opinion: I purchased these tapes they give you 14 days free trial, however they never tell you you can't return them after that date. I called to return them they said i couldn't return them and i will still be charged. This is an unfair pratice They never state in there advertisment that you can't return this item after 14 days. The public should be aware that this company has a no return policy after the 14 days. I as a consumer have returned many items over the years i have never had this happen.

Claimant's opinion:

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety Stresscenter.Com is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
Cash
1. Credit: AAD0111--AA&D Apr 16, 2011 $54.90
You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.
  • Contributed by Hafsa D. - On: 10/04/2015

• At times the company reminds the customer about their return policy (if any) before the free trial expires. Did they ever email/mail you with such information? Even before, at the time of the purchase, had they mentioned about their return policy anywhere?

• Contributed by SandraJovan - On: 10/01/2015

• I have mixed feelings about your claim. Return policies should be clear and transparent. I agree there. However, if you bought under a 14 day free trial, that kinda implies that after 14 days you will be charged- if not, what would the 14 days mean? In this case, I think you should pay unless there's some other mitigating facts. Sorry for your problem.

Good luck.

• Contributed by Hafsa D. - On: 09/29/2015

• I tried to contact Lucinda Bassett, but she has remained unresponsive, probably trying to avoid any real responsibility

• Contributed by Hafsa D. - On: 09/29/2015

• There seem to be a lot of other people who have also had similar experiences with this establishment.. perhaps you can make this a public posting, if you haven't already so that there is more awareness for other customers. There are a number of online threads with people who have been scammed by the Midwest through similar fake "free trials"

• Contributed by Blessedab - On: 01/18/2015

• I tried to put a comment on this page, which was erased. It was not bashing nor abusive language. These people took money from my account before the date that I had to call in and let them know if I wanted the product. They didn't give me time to even review the product. As of today, my due date to send the product back has not arrived, and they have taken almost $200 from my account without my knowledge or consent. This is theft. My account is totally messed up, and my bills not able to be paid because they caused me to have an overdraft of $70.00, not including the money they took out. They admitted that they made a mistake, but have not put my money back yet. The date for return of the product has not arrived yet, and they continue to randomly take money. Since this has been going on since 2011, as I read on other comments, I suggest a Class Action Suit. The product is overcharged, and they have caused me a lot of stress

Reply: by Blessedab - On: 01/18/2015

I wonder if Oprah Winfrey know the behavior of this company that she endorsed on her show. I know that she would not stand by and just watch as she truly believed that these people were credible.

Reply: by Steve W. - On: 10/01/2015

Wow, Oprah endorsed it? Maybe we can get her to comment here....

Make money helping people resolve complaints