Claim #3524306 against: Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety Stresscenter.Com

• Win the reward

The Complaint

What happened

• Contributed by Hafsa D.- On: 10/04/2015

• At times the company reminds the customer about their return policy (if any) before the free trial expires. Did they ever email/mail you with such information? Even before, at the time of the purchase, had they mentioned about their return policy anywhere?

• Contributed by SandraJovan- On: 10/01/2015

• I have mixed feelings about your claim. Return policies should be clear and transparent. I agree there. However, if you bought under a 14 day free trial, that kinda implies that after 14 days you will be charged- if not, what would the 14 days mean? In this case, I think you should pay unless there's some other mitigating facts. Sorry for your problem.

Good luck.

• Contributed by Hafsa D.- On: 09/29/2015

• I tried to contact Lucinda Bassett, but she has remained unresponsive, probably trying to avoid any real responsibility

• Contributed by Hafsa D.- On: 09/29/2015

• There seem to be a lot of other people who have also had similar experiences with this establishment.. perhaps you can make this a public posting, if you haven't already so that there is more awareness for other customers. There are a number of online threads with people who have been scammed by the Midwest through similar fake "free trials"

• Contributed by Blessedab- On: 01/18/2015

• I tried to put a comment on this page, which was erased. It was not bashing nor abusive language. These people took money from my account before the date that I had to call in and let them know if I wanted the product. They didn't give me time to even review the product. As of today, my due date to send the product back has not arrived, and they have taken almost $200 from my account without my knowledge or consent. This is theft. My account is totally messed up, and my bills not able to be paid because they caused me to have an overdraft of $70.00, not including the money they took out. They admitted that they made a mistake, but have not put my money back yet. The date for return of the product has not arrived yet, and they continue to randomly take money. Since this has been going on since 2011, as I read on other comments, I suggest a Class Action Suit. The product is overcharged, and they have caused me a lot of stress

Reply: by Blessedab - On: 01/18/2015

I wonder if Oprah Winfrey know the behavior of this company that she endorsed on her show. I know that she would not stand by and just watch as she truly believed that these people were credible.

Reply: by Steve W. - On: 10/01/2015

Wow, Oprah endorsed it? Maybe we can get her to comment here....

Join our online dispute resolution community — over 30,000 members.
  • Resolve any dispute or complaint against anyone — no lawyers or courts.
  • Help others resolve disputes; you'll earn rewards and recognition.
  • Become a "public mediator" — open to anyone with negotiation skills.
    Learn more
    Contribute your idea for how to resolve the dispute shown on this page and you're part of the PeopleClaim "public mediator" community — people helping people resolve disputes. It's simple. You don't need legal knowledge or training. Submit your idea for a fair settlement and earn 25 points if one side likes it; get 100 points if both sides like it; and 200 points if the case is settled based on your suggestion.

Join our community and start resolving disputes — it's free and fast.

Already have an account? Log in with your PeopleClaim account or with Facebook.
Anyone can participate.
No legal or professoinal experience needed.

Help resolve this case

Read the full claim details, add your suggested resolution, and win the reward.
Resolution Points
  • 25 points if one party likes your solution
  • 100 points if both parties like it
  • 200 points if case settles based on your solution

Get Started: Review the case, ask the parties questions, add comments, then submit your suggestion for settlement.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
Important: Claims against parties operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Make money helping people resolve complaints