Lucky's Antiques at Sycamore-Dispute-#5977687

• Claimant Seeks: 2 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Aug 16, 2012
    • Posted On: Aug 27, 2012
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
  • Win the reward (500 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (4) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Policy issue
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Poor customer service
Problem With A Service
  • Service wasn't completed as promised
  • Poor customer service
Contract / Agreement / Promise Dispute
  • Breach of contract
  • Lack of communication
"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

Claimant's opinion:

On 5-23-12, I took approx 60-70 VCR tapes/movies to Lucky's for consignment sale. While I have purchased several items there, this was the first time that I had taken something for consignment at Lucky's. Eric Eggenberger was the owner and I dealt directly with him. He gave me consignor number 664. Unfortunately, I did not make a list of the movies that I took to him. Mid June, I went to check on my account and he and his store were completely gone. I went to Sycamore office and while they were hesitant to give me details, they did say that they had obtained a lawyer and asked him to move. Sycamore manager gave me the following address and said that he had moved to Mt Pleasant IA with another consignment store. ( Luck Resale: 123 N main St, Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641 and phone # 319-385-9434). I have tried this phone number several times with no answer. Approx 3 weeks ago, I noticed in our Press Citizen newspaper that Eric Eggenberter had been arrested for assaulting his employee at the Sycamore store (which makes sense for the eviction from Sycamore). Is there anything that I can do further to either get my tapes back or consignment money due to me? Sue Heath

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Lucky Music And Resale is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
What By When
1. Complete project: either retunrs VCR tapes or give me the amount of money that is due Aug 31, 2012
2. Information: I would like what is owed to me. Aug 31, 2012
1. Pay for claim posting cost Aug 31, 2012 $7.95
2. Physical delivery charges Aug 31, 2012 $2.99
Claimant invites Lucky Music and Resale to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint (subject to acceptance by claimant).
Non-cash: 2 items
You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.