Jessica Horton & Associates Dispute

Jessica Horton is a local realtor who sends out attractive post cards to residents in my over-55 community. She touts herself and the #1 salesperson for our Del Webb establishment. I am a senior citizen who lives alone and became a victim of Jessica Horton's hype. She promised to sell my home quickly. She told me my asking price was too low and that I should raise it. I responded that I desired a quick sale. During the 3 months she has had my listing, Ms. Horton has come up with a myriad of excuses for her failure to sell my home. She said my carpet was not fresh and must be replaced; so it was removed and I paid for new carpet throughout the house. Then she said that a flooring allowance would have been more attractive to prospective buyers. The excuses have been many; results have been nonexistent. Her latest excuse was that there was a dent in the stainless steel refrigerator door. Of course. that is not true. She told me that the dent was a dealbreaker and that everyone who had seen my house commented on that dent. I have pictures showing the refrigerator (as well as every single room, wall, and appliance in the entire home). There is no dent; the home has been professionally cleaned, pressure-washed, patched and painted. All these things I did and paid for at her urging. As I was a first-time seller and lived alone, I also did not know that signing an exclusive listing agreement with a realtor who did not belong to the MLS was unwise. When I checked with other local realtors, I was told that Mrs. Horton is the only real estate agent in the state of Georgia who requires an exclusive agreement with clients. I checked with other residents in Sun City Peachtree who had, at one time, Jessica Horton Real Estate signs in their front yards. I was told horror stories! Several had been harassed by Mrs. Horton and her husband after they indicated dissatisfaction with her unprofessional behavior AND failure to sell their homes. One former resident had to call the local sheriff, who went to the Horton home and filed a "cease and desist" report against them. It then came to light that Jason Horton, who had answered my phone calls as his wife's representative and given me advice as to selling my home, is a convicted felon and was not supposed to have been inside our homes. Mr. Horton spent two years in the state penitentiary form breaking and entering with a firearm. He is by law banned from entering a private residence unless invited in. I asked Mrs. Horton about this and she agreed that it was true. Prior to all this, Mr. Horton called me one day and cursed at me for asking about something with the house. He screamed at me that he "didn't need my "sh*t" and wouldn't take any sh*t from anyone. He said that i should take my ball and go home, which I will gladly do as soon as my attorney has gotten me out of this "exclusive agreement" Jessica Horton has emailed and texted me derogatory messages, all of which I have kept. I have filed formal complaints with the Georgia Real Estate Commission, the head of Marketing and Membership of the Georgia Multiple Listing Services, and the Head of Marketing with Pulte Homes. It is my desire to prevent this woman and her husband from victimizing anyone else.

Complaint(s) Involved (2) Hide
  • Bad advice and/or instructions
  • Rude behavior
  • Poor customer service
What Claimant Wants
  • Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Jessica Horton & Associates is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
Claimant invites Jessica Horton & Associates to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint (subject to acceptance by claimant).
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jun 09, 2014 $14.99
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 09, 2014 $7.99
Cash total : TBD
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Jessica Horton & Associates View
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points. See how it works.

Public opinion & settlement options Hide

The PeopleClaim community includes volunteers who are passionate about justice – consumer advocates, legal professionals, people with knowledge of specific industries and trades, and anyone who has useful suggestions to help disputing parties resolve a case.
Invite a mediator to help get your claim resolved fairly.