Claim #2051259 against: Home Retention Center

• Claim NO: #2051259
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $2,153.05
    • Filed On: Jan 15, 2013
    • Posted On: Jan 26, 2013
    • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

This company scammed me. This company worked in affiliation with the Payment Reduction Cntr in S.Francisco. I was working with both companies regarding a HAMP modification mortgage. I sent in all the paperwork and information required. They told me they had been able to get it approved and I had to send a money order in the amount of $1,877.00 in order to pay the legal firm that was trying to foreclose on my property. That was sent on October 15, 2012. On November 28th I received a letter from the Supreme Court of Albany from One West Bank (my mortgage company) for a settlement conference regarding my foreclosure. At that point I called this company to ask what was going on. I had thought they had approval and had sent my money over to the legal firm that was representing my bank. I also called my bank to explain to them I had been working with this company (along with the Payment Reduction Company located in San Francisco) and they should have all the paperwork. The bank stated they had no paperwork in their files whatsoever. Since November 28th I've been trying to get this resolved with the Home Retention Center and the Payment Reduction Center. My contact at the Home Retention Center is Walter Sullivan who has successfully ignored dozens of my calls. I did speak with him a couple of times and each time he told me there was just some kind of mistake and everything was being taken care of. For over a month he has strung me along and when I asked for my money back I was told I had to fill out forms. These forms were never sent. I've left messages, I've tried to get the name and phone numbers of the head of the company or higher managers and I was not given any. I am seeking the resolution of a refund of $1,877.08. This company has scammed me and other consumers have to be aware of this.

Bad Business Practices
  • Unfair practice

Problem With A Service
  • Bad advice and/or instructions
  • Bait and Switch
  • Service wasn't completed as promised
  • Poor customer service

Contract / Agreement / Promise Dispute
  • Inadequate disclosure or misleading information
  • Lack of communication

Overcharge Or Billing Error
  • Wrongfully billed
  • Lack of disclosure or disinformation
  • Lack of communication

Customer Service Runarounds

I left dozens of calls for Walter Sullivan and Aubrey and except for one call back never heard from them once the problem began.

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

This company took my money, did not do what they promised, did not answer my calls, did not refund my money. They scammed me and have probably scammed others.

What Claimant Wants

3. Copy claim to regulators Jan 30, 2013 $14.99
4. Include public posting fee Jan 30, 2013 $7.99
5. Physical delivery charges Jan 30, 2013 $2.99
Total : $2,153.05
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by Carla - On: 06/06/2014
  • I too was scammed by them. However, also we sent a cashiers check in the mortgage company's name they cashed the check. There has to be something additional wrong with this picture.

• Comment: Contributed by Andy L. - On: 05/19/2014
  • I have had the same experience. How can I get my money back? Andy Lund 919-201-7119

• Comment: Contributed by Jennifer S. - On: 01/27/2013
  • Unfortunately, a lot of these companies that propose an option of foreclosure or mortgage relief do tend to be scams, or not necessarily following the rules and regulations of the states that they reach into to operate under. In this circumstance, if you have not already, you should contact the Attorney General’s office for your state. There is also a process for reporting these companies, available through, which also has a large amount of information available to help homeowners currently going through foreclosure. Also, you stated that you received a notice of settlement conference. If you have not already taken advantage of this option, you should contact the court and let them know that you were under the impression that a third party company was working on this for you, and that you would like to be included in this option. That settlement conference is supposed to help evaluate you for home retention options to avoid the foreclosure.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.