Home Retention Center-Dispute-#2051259

S. W. Vs. Home Retention Center
retentiondivision.org / 888-852-0790, 1539 West 1St Street, Santa Ana, California, 95705, United States
Claimant:

This company scammed me. This company worked in affiliation with the Payment Reduction Cntr in S.Francisco. I was working with both companies regarding a HAMP modification mortgage. I sent in all the paperwork and information required.
They told me they had been able to get it approved and I had to send a money order in the amount of $1,877.00 in order to pay the legal firm that was trying to foreclose on my property. That was sent on October 15, 2012.

On November 28th I received a letter from the Supreme Court of Albany from One West Bank (my mortgage company) for a settlement conference regarding my foreclosure. At that point I called this company to ask what was going on. I had thought they had approval and had sent my money over to the legal firm that was representing my bank. I also called my bank to explain to them I had been working with this company (along with the Payment Reduction Company located in San Francisco) and they should have all the paperwork. The bank stated they had no paperwork in their files whatsoever.

Since November 28th I've been trying to get this resolved with the Home Retention Center and the Payment Reduction Center. My contact at the Home Retention Center is Walter Sullivan who has successfully ignored dozens of my calls. I did speak with him a couple of times and each time he told me there was just some kind of mistake and everything was being taken care of. For over a month he has strung me along and when I asked for my money back I was told I had to fill out forms. These forms were never sent.

I've left messages, I've tried to get the name and phone numbers of the head of the company or higher managers and I was not given any.

I am seeking the resolution of a refund of $1,877.08. This company has scammed me and other consumers have to be aware of this.

What Claimant Wants By When How Much
1. Refund: money sent Jan 30, 2013 $1,877.08
2. Pay me for my time: 5 hours @ $50.00 Jan 30, 2013 $250.00
3. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jan 30, 2013 $14.99
4. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jan 30, 2013 $7.99
5. Other – Physical delivery charges Jan 30, 2013 $2.99
Status: Seeking public comment/suggestions
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points.

Contributed Solutions Expand

• Comment: by Carla — Online mediator
  • On: 06-06-2014
  • Comment: by Andy Lund — Online mediator
  • On: 05-19-2014
  • Comment: by Jennifer Sheehy — Online mediator
  • On: 01-27-2013