Claim #4867120 against: Health Products Llc

• Win the reward

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

A SUPPLEMENT CALLED LIPO SLIM ENDORSED BY DR OZ. I CALLED THE NUMBER AND A LADY THAT DIDN'T SPEAK VERY GOOD ENGLISH ANSWERED. I HAD HER REPEAT NUMEROUS TIMES AND I REPEATED NUMEROUS TIMES I WANTED TO TRY THE FREE TRIAL FOR $4.95. GOT THE SUPPLEMENTS THREE OR FOUR DAYS LATER, NO STATEMENT, RETURN INSTRUCTIONS, OR INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO TAKE THE SUPPLEMENTS EXCEPT WHAT WAS ON THE BOTTLE. WASN'T LOOSING WEIGHT NOT AN OUNCE, SO I FOUND A NUMBER I HAD SCRIBBLED DOWN AND CALLED. RECORDING CAME ON SAYING PHONE CALL WAS BEING RECORDED FOR TRAINING PURPOSES AND SOMEONE WOULD BE WITH YOU SHORTLY. MUSIC PLAYED FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES THEN I WAS DISCONNECTED. I REDIALED, AND AGAIN THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I TRIED ONCE MORE, AND SAME THING. GAVE UP FRUSTRATED UNTIL NEXT DAY. SAME THING HAPPENED, TRIED AGAIN AND WAS SUCCESSFUL IN TALKING TO A LADY NAMED RACHEL. TOLD HER MY ACCT. HAD BEEN CHARGED FOR $79.99 AND DIDN'T WANT THE PILLS BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T HELPING ME LOOSE WEIGHT. WANTED MY ACCT. CREDITD "ASAP". SHE GAVE ME A CANCELLATION NUMBER, BUT TOLD ME IT HAD BEEN OVER 14 DAYS IS WHY I WAS CHARGED. TOLD HER I REPEATED NUMEROUS TIMES I DID NOT WANT AUTO-SHIP. ASKED TO TALK TO MANAGER, NONE WAS AVAILABLE FOR 24HRS, SHE WOULD HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME. CALLED BACK BECAUSE NO ONE CALLED, SAME THING NO ONE AVAILABLE, WOULD HAVE MANAGER CALL ME. BEN DID CALL BACK, I WAS TOLD THEIR POLICY WAS 14 DAYS AND THAT'S WHY I WAS CHARGED. HE COULDN'T OFFER TO CREDIT ME MORE THAN HALF, AND COULDN'T TAKE THE SUPPLEMENTS BACK. I ASKED TO TALK TO HIS MANAGER, SAME THING NO ONE AVAILABLE FOR UP TO 24 HRS. FINALLY I CALLED BACK AND TALKED TO A VERY NICE LADY NAMED SANDRA C., SHE WAS IN PHILLIPNES AND WASN'T AUTHORIZED TO GIVE CREDIT SHE WOULD HAVE MANAGER CALL ME WITHIN 24 HRS. TOLD HER TO ALSO PUT IN HER NOTES I AM CALLING BBB HERE IN STATES. A LADY NAMED NOWEL R CALLED FROM PORTLAND, OR, VERY CURT AND RUDE SAYING THEIR EMPLOYESS MAY HAVE AN ACCENT BUT SPOKE VERY GOOD ENGLISH. I DISPUTED THAT FACT, AND SHE SAID I WAS INFORMED OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I SAID THEIR WAS NOTHING IN THE BOX UPON ARRIVAL, SHE SAID WHEN I GAVE MY CREDIT CARD INFO, THAT WAS AGREEING TO THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SHE WOULD OFFER ME HALF CREDIT. I SAID THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, $85.00 FOR 13 PILLS THAT DON'T WORK FOR ME. I DIDN'T ACCEPT AND TOLD HER I WAS FILING WITH BBB FOR A SCAM.

• Comment: Contributed by Ezzeldin A. - On: 12/20/2013
  • Please If there is any account for me with you close it and refund the money you have withdrawn from my Visa Card HEALTH8772908654 877-280-8654, AZ 84.97 USD @ 1.093915 $92.95

Ezzeldin Amin
    905 824 5299
    eamin@rogers.com

• Comment: Contributed by cobalt278 - On: 11/22/2013
  • I called within my trail period and cancelled and was assured if I sent back an empty bottle within 30 days nothing would be charged to my account. My account was then charged 84.95 and when I called they said we can refund half when we receive the empty bottle I've called and every time I'm on hold for 10 or more minutes and a few times over 15 without an answer. Anytime they said someone would call back ......no call. 84.95 fr what ws supposed to be a 4.95 trial that I paid another 4.37 to ship the empty bottle back! BBB needs to get involved!

• Comment: Contributed by michellamber - On: 11/07/2013
  • I just want to be able to stop payments

• Comment: Contributed by jeff - On: 10/18/2013
  • I agree. Our 14 day period started prior to us receiving the product . We therefore could not cacel in the 14 day period. We were billed and then of course billed a second month. How do these people sleep at nght. basically a learning xperience for us. We will see if out order has been truly cancelled.... Thiefs I tell you thiefs.Again poor english and quoted immediately from the virtual contract.

• Comment: Contributed by phyllis@sas - On: 10/07/2013
  • I am from Canada. I also had a terrible experience with this company. So PLEASE beware of this company. I answered an online survey that offered me one of three free gifts and all I had to pay was the shipping cost from the US. When I looked at my visa statement I noticed that this company had taken $84.93 from my account without my permission. To me this is stealing by any means. I called their customer service department and was talking to someone who I assume cancelled my account. I was getting very upset explaining to this person that this was suppose to be A FREE GIFT for answering a survey. By the way the product LIPO SLIM EXTREME DOES NOT WORK. He then gave me a supervisor to speak to. What a complete joke that was. I gave her the reason for my call and said that I wanted a refund on my account. First I did not authorize this company to take any funds from my account. She also said that they could not take back opened products. Doesn't matter if it works or not. Also I explained to her that there was nothing saying that the product had to be sent back within 14 days, unopened for a refund. All I received with this product was an invoice type paper with Lipo Slim written on it. Absolutely nothing on this paper said that I was going to be charged or that I had to send back an unopened container. PLEASE, PLEASE be aware of this company. They will send you a product under false pretenses and steal money from your account with no notice.

• Comment: Contributed by albertacowg - On: 09/17/2013
  • How do you find the number to cancel?
    This stuff is garbage. What a scam.

Join our online dispute resolution community — over 30,000 members.
  • Resolve any dispute or complaint against anyone — no lawyers or courts.
  • Help others resolve disputes; you'll earn rewards and recognition.
  • Become a "public mediator" — open to anyone with negotiation skills.
    Learn more
    Contribute your idea for how to resolve the dispute shown on this page and you're part of the PeopleClaim "public mediator" community — people helping people resolve disputes. It's simple. You don't need legal knowledge or training. Submit your idea for a fair settlement and earn 25 points if one side likes it; get 100 points if both sides like it; and 200 points if the case is settled based on your suggestion.

Join our community and start resolving disputes — it's free and fast.

Already have an account? Log in with your PeopleClaim account or with Facebook.
Anyone can participate.
No legal or professoinal experience needed.

Help resolve this case

Read the full claim details, add your suggested resolution, and win the reward.
Resolution Points
  • 25 points if one party likes your solution
  • 100 points if both parties like it
  • 200 points if case settles based on your solution

Get Started: Review the case, ask the parties questions, add comments, then submit your suggestion for settlement.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
Important: Claims against parties operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Make money helping people resolve complaints