Claim #6416078 against: Hautepolish.Com

• Claim NO: #6416078
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $99.00
    • Filed On: Feb 17, 2014
    • Posted On: Feb 28, 2014

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

I ordered the Haute nail polish system in December for gifts. I ordered 3, at buy one get one free to equal six sets. They were $14.95 for two . I paid for them. On Feb. 04, 2012 you took, without permission, $33.00 dollars out of my account three times for a total of $99.00. I called and was told that it was a payment for the sets. I said that the sets were buy one get one for $14.95 so I ordered three sets. Now you are telling me that this was only for thirty days and if I kept them I had to pay two more payments of $33.00 each. Are you kidding me? No mention of this anywhere. I have been back to your website and it is not mentioned anywhere. Not only did you take that $99.00 dollars out, but again on Feb. 10, 2014 you took out $22.11 three times for a total of $66.33 that- I have had refunded. What was that for? I was told it was a club charge. What club? No where on your site is there the mention of a club. I am being scammed and ripped off and if the $99.00 dollars taken out on Feb. 04, 2012 is not replaced, I will continue to report this to: Facebook, Twitter, the consumer protection agency, QVC, HSN and anyone else that would need to know so that they can protect their customers. My phone number is 540 937 4752. Please leave me a message. I want to resolve this situation, but I am not going to put secure information on this complaint. Thank you

Bad Business Practices
  • Misrepresentation or fraud

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

• Aug 12, 2014, Claiming party added:
  • The point that is being made is that your company withheld information about the club that anyone ordering this product was automatically made a member of. I was watching a shopping network channel and then ordered online. Neither places mentioned the monthly club automatic withdrawal from my account. I did not discover this for 2 months. I never received anything more for the money that was removed. Some of it was refunded. Not all of it. The only place that mentioned the auto club was on the back of the pink invoice that came with the order. I learned that from a you tube video when the person doing the you tube brought it to the viewer's attention. Be honest.

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which Hautepolish.Com can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Refund: The $99.00 that you took out of my checking account on Feb. 4, 2014. Mar 04, 2014 $99.00
2. Copy claim to regulators Mar 04, 2014 $14.99
3. Include public posting fee Mar 04, 2014 $7.99
Total : $99.00
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

Latest Response from Hautepolish.Com

• to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
Claim is declined by for the following reason:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

The customer placed an order via our website in which is lists the terms and conditions of her order. Each system purchased is advertised as 3 payments of $33 for the purchase after the initial trial cost. We spoke with the customer 2/17/2014 10:54:11 AM, at that time they explained the situation and as a courtesy, we discounted each system the last payment of $33. In total that is a $99 discount. No other charges have been assessed since.

Claimant's advice to others

"Do not order from this company, Haute Nail Polish Systems. You can purchase a nail dryer and gel polish from Target and even Avon. This company took money out of my account without permission, two months after I made the initial- one time purchase. I feel ripped off. I wouldn't order anything from television shopping channels either. They need to protect their customers."

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.