My Claim vs. Dispute : $99.00

• View response from: Hautepolish.Com
    • Filed On: Feb 17, 2014
    • Posted On: Feb 28, 2014
  • Win the reward (500 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (2) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
"I Just Feel Ripped Off."
View's response

Claimant's opinion:

I ordered the Haute nail polish system in December for gifts. I ordered 3, at buy one get one free to equal six sets. They were $14.95 for two . I paid for them. On Feb. 04, 2012 you took, without permission, $33.00 dollars out of my account three times for a total of $99.00. I called and was told that it was a payment for the sets. I said that the sets were buy one get one for $14.95 so I ordered three sets. Now you are telling me that this was only for thirty days and if I kept them I had to pay two more payments of $33.00 each. Are you kidding me? No mention of this anywhere. I have been back to your website and it is not mentioned anywhere. Not only did you take that $99.00 dollars out, but again on Feb. 10, 2014 you took out $22.11 three times for a total of $66.33 that- I have had refunded. What was that for? I was told it was a club charge. What club? No where on your site is there the mention of a club. I am being scammed and ripped off and if the $99.00 dollars taken out on Feb. 04, 2012 is not replaced, I will continue to report this to: Facebook, Twitter, the consumer protection agency, QVC, HSN and anyone else that would need to know so that they can protect their customers. My phone number is 540 937 4752. Please leave me a message. I want to resolve this situation, but I am not going to put secure information on this complaint. Thank you

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Hautepolish.Com is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Refund: The $99.00 that you took out of my checking account on Feb. 4, 2014. Mar 04, 2014 $99.00
2. Copy claim to regulators Mar 04, 2014 $14.99
3. Pay for claim posting cost Mar 04, 2014 $7.99

Response from Hautepolish.Com Hide

• to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
    Respondent has rejected claimant's terms. This claim will remain posted until mutually acceptable terms are agreed to.
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"The customer placed an order via our website in which is lists the terms and conditions of her order. Each system purchased is advertised as 3 payments of $33 for the purchase after the initial trial cost. We spoke with the customer 2/17/2014 10:54:11 AM, at that time they explained the situation and as a courtesy, we discounted each system the last payment of $33. In total that is a $99 discount. No other charges have been assessed since. "

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.

Additional Communication Between Claimant and Hautepolish.Com View