Repo rip off : $100.00

• Amount Involved: $100.00
    • Filed On: Feb 25, 2011
    • Posted On: Mar 12, 2011
      • I just feel ripped off.
  • Win the reward (200 pts)

Claimant's opinion:

David, owner, had my car at the lot I was at but he had the car taken back to Lexington because he said I pissed him off by not calling first, which I did 18 times no one answered finally I went up there. Bank called him and he answered. Then he tells me that he doesnt have to release my car until he gets ready to. I talked to police they stated he did since my bank released the car at 1:30. I didnt get my car back until 4:30. After diving an hour back to Lexington. Time stamp on the receipt shows where I paid for it at his office at 3:20 in Burlington. Ive wasted time,gas and mileage having to dive all the way back to where he had my car taken in Lexington. He didnt have to be mean about releasing my car afterall I paid him 505.00 and gave the bank 1510.00. It was repossed in the am on 2/25/2011 and had the loan taKen care of by ,1pm. He was completely rude stating things like.. You people are all the same...i took your car from this lot to another lot to teach you a lesson on calling before showing up.....i have the right to keep your car as long as I want....you are lucky that im allowing you to pick up your car so soon. It became heated he got up in my face and my husbands face.by this point we left. The way I see it we were his customer since he was given money for his services... Horrible experience, wasted time and money.

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • East Coast Recovery is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
Cash
1. Gas. Mileage expenses. $100.00 Mar 12, 2011 $100.00
  • Unfair
  • Very Fair
Rate claimant's terms of settlement
  • Comment: Contributed by Linda S. - On: 10/10/2013
  • I agree completely! I have been trying to get my boat back for 4 days now. He does not answer the phone or return your call. He will not make an appointment for tomorrow saying that you have to call back the day you want to pick it up. He then gives you 1 appointment time and if that doesn't work then too bad call tomorrow. He is very rude. How can anyone make plans if you have a job.

Make money helping people resolve complaints