Claim #7807157 against: East Coast Recovery

• Amount Involved: $100.00
    • Filed On: Feb 25, 2011
    • Posted On: Mar 12, 2011
      • I just feel ripped off.
Help resolve this dispute
  • Review the case.
  • Win the reward

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

David, owner, had my car at the lot I was at but he had the car taken back to Lexington because he said I pissed him off by not calling first, which I did 18 times no one answered finally I went up there. Bank called him and he answered. Then he tells me that he doesnt have to release my car until he gets ready to. I talked to police they stated he did since my bank released the car at 1:30. I didnt get my car back until 4:30. After diving an hour back to Lexington. Time stamp on the receipt shows where I paid for it at his office at 3:20 in Burlington. Ive wasted time,gas and mileage having to dive all the way back to where he had my car taken in Lexington. He didnt have to be mean about releasing my car afterall I paid him 505.00 and gave the bank 1510.00. It was repossed in the am on 2/25/2011 and had the loan taKen care of by ,1pm. He was completely rude stating things like.. You people are all the same...i took your car from this lot to another lot to teach you a lesson on calling before showing up.....i have the right to keep your car as long as I want....you are lucky that im allowing you to pick up your car so soon. It became heated he got up in my face and my husbands face.by this point we left. The way I see it we were his customer since he was given money for his services... Horrible experience, wasted time and money.

Public Feedback and Solutions for Claimant and East Coast Recovery
  • Comment: Contributed by Linda S. - On: 10/10/2013
  • I agree completely! I have been trying to get my boat back for 4 days now. He does not answer the phone or return your call. He will not make an appointment for tomorrow saying that you have to call back the day you want to pick it up. He then gives you 1 appointment time and if that doesn't work then too bad call tomorrow. He is very rude. How can anyone make plans if you have a job.

Join our online dispute resolution community — over 30,000 members.
  • Resolve any dispute or complaint against anyone — no lawyers or courts.
  • Help others resolve disputes; you'll earn rewards and recognition.
  • Become a "public mediator" — open to anyone with negotiation skills.
    Learn more
    Contribute your idea for how to resolve the dispute shown on this page and you're part of the PeopleClaim "public mediator" community — people helping people resolve disputes. It's simple. You don't need legal knowledge or training. Submit your idea for a fair settlement and earn 25 points if one side likes it; get 100 points if both sides like it; and 200 points if the case is settled based on your suggestion.

Join our community and start resolving disputes — it's free and fast.

Already have an account? Log in with your PeopleClaim account or with Facebook.
Anyone can participate.
No legal or professoinal experience needed.

Help resolve this case

Read the full claim details, add your suggested resolution, and win the reward.
Resolution Points
  • 25 points if one party likes your solution
  • 100 points if both parties like it
  • 200 points if case settles based on your solution

Get Started: Review the case, ask the parties questions, add comments, then submit your suggestion for settlement.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Make money helping people resolve complaints