Claim #7807157 against: East Coast Recovery

• Claim NO: #7807157
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $100.00
    • Filed On: Feb 25, 2011
    • Posted On: Mar 12, 2011
    • I just feel ripped off.

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

David, owner, had my car at the lot I was at but he had the car taken back to Lexington because he said I pissed him off by not calling first, which I did 18 times no one answered finally I went up there. Bank called him and he answered. Then he tells me that he doesnt have to release my car until he gets ready to. I talked to police they stated he did since my bank released the car at 1:30. I didnt get my car back until 4:30. After diving an hour back to Lexington. Time stamp on the receipt shows where I paid for it at his office at 3:20 in Burlington. Ive wasted time,gas and mileage having to dive all the way back to where he had my car taken in Lexington. He didnt have to be mean about releasing my car afterall I paid him 505.00 and gave the bank 1510.00. It was repossed in the am on 2/25/2011 and had the loan taKen care of by ,1pm. He was completely rude stating things like.. You people are all the same...i took your car from this lot to another lot to teach you a lesson on calling before showing up.....i have the right to keep your car as long as I are lucky that im allowing you to pick up your car so soon. It became heated he got up in my face and my husbands this point we left. The way I see it we were his customer since he was given money for his services... Horrible experience, wasted time and money.

I Just Feel Ripped Off.

Owner admitted to me that he had my car removed from his lot to somewhere in Lexington because he knew I wouldnt call for appointment and would just show up so he had the car taken 45min away so I would have to drive back to get my car. I explained I tried calling the number given 18 times for two hours no one answered. I have the times that I calle. Of wasnt for my bank making him release my car I never would have gotten my car back today. I honestly believe he was ignoring my calls so he could charge me for storage fees thru the weekend.

Bad Business Practices
  • Harrassment
  • Poor customer service

Owner followed me home Wednesday from my job. Date he followed me 2/23/2011. Iknow this because he was driving the same black truck today. He got to my neighbors diveway and turned around once he seen where I lived. The bank had acews to this address just like they knew where I worked there was no reason to follow me home.

What Claimant Wants

• Terms under which East Coast Recovery can satisfy this claimant
Cash settlement
1. Gas. Mileage expenses. $100.00 Mar 12, 2011 $100.00
Total : $100.00
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by Linda S. - On: 10/10/2013
  • I agree completely! I have been trying to get my boat back for 4 days now. He does not answer the phone or return your call. He will not make an appointment for tomorrow saying that you have to call back the day you want to pick it up. He then gives you 1 appointment time and if that doesn't work then too bad call tomorrow. He is very rude. How can anyone make plans if you have a job.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.