Claim #7429399 against: Buddy's Home Furnishings

• Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Claim NO: #7429399
    • This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant.
    • Amount Involved: $25.89
    • Filed On: Jun 14, 2012
    • Posted On: Jun 25, 2012
    • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion:

ON DEC. 27TH 2011 I WENT TO BUDDIES TO PURCHASE A CLOTHES DRYER ON A 6 MONTH SAME AS CASH. I WAS TOLD IF I WAS LATE AND WAS NOT PAID ON THE 3RD OF EVERY MONTH, INTEREST WILL APPLY AN AGREEMENT WOULD BE VOID. I HAVE 6 RECEIPTS IN THE AMOUNT OF 84.47. WHEN I WENT TO MAKE MY LAST PAYMENT ON JUNE 3RD 2012, I SAID WOW MY LAST PAYMENT I CAN GET A SOFA NOW.THE YOUNG MAN BEHIND THE COUNTER INFORMED ME THAT I OWE 14 MORE PAYMENTS. I HAVE ALREADY MADE 6. HE SHOWED ME THE CONTRACT MATURED ON 4/25/2012.I (THE MANAGER) AND HE TOLD ME BECAUSE I DIDNT PAY MORE THAN MY SCHEDULED PAYMENT AMMOUNT MY CONTRACT WAS VOID. NOWHERE ON THIS CONTRACT DOES IT SAY I HAD TO PAY MORE THAN THE PAYMENT AMOUNT I WAS TOLD OR ON THE CONTRACT. WITHOUT SAME AS CASH IT SAYS PAYMENT AMOUNT IS 59.99 MONTHLY FOR 21 MONTHS, ON ANOTHER CONTRACT THE AMOUNT IS DIFFERENT, HOWEVER WHEN I ASK FOR COPY OF THE CONTRACT THE MANAGER GAVE A CONTRACT WITH NO SIGNATURE. I WENT BACK IN THE STORE AND TOLD HIM I WANTED A COPY OF SIGNED CONTRACT. TWO CONTRACTS AND THE HOME PAGE IS NOT THE SAME.HOWEVER IT HAS ALL MY INFORMATION ON IT WITH A DIFFERENT PAYMENT AMMOUNT..THE TOTAL PRICE FOR THE DRYER IS 629.00.WITH THE 25.00 DOWN PAYMENT I HAVE PAID 532.92 LEAVING A BALANCE OF 96.08. THE DRY IS A PRE LEASED DRYER. IF PAY 84.47 FOR 14 MORE MONTHS I WILL BE PAID ALMOST 1800.00 FOR A USED DRYER.WHEN I SIGNED THE CONTRACT HE WAS EXPAINING WHAT EVERYTHING SAID VERY SWIFTLY AND TOLD ME THAT WOULD APPLY IF I WAS EVER LATE. I AM GONNA PAY HIM THE 98.08 WITH A WITNESS AND THAT IS ALL HE'S GETTING OR WE'RE GOING TO GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. I HAVE TAKEN THE CONTRACT TO BE LOOKED OVER BY ANOTHER APPLIANCE STORE AND THEY SAID CONTRACT IS NOT RIGHT THAT WHOEVER DRAWED UP CONTRACT MADE A BIG MISTAKE. ACCORDING TO THE CONTRACT I I MET HE MATURITY. I HAD MADE 4 PAYMENT IN THE AMOUNT I WAS TOLD AND THEY OWE ME MONEY. HOWEVER I KNOW THAT 4 PAYMENTS IS LESS THAN THE COST OF THE DRYER WITH THE INSURANCE.SO I AGREE TO MAKE FINAL PAYMENT OF 98.08 JUST BECAUSE THAT'S THE AMMONT I OWE. I HAVE THE DOWN PAYMENT AND ALL 6 RECEIPTS WHERE I HAVE PAID THEM FAITHFULLY. I LIVE ON DISABILITY AND CANNOT AFFORD THIS AND I DONT WANT IT HAPPENING TO ANY ONE ELSE. THAT'S WHY I WENT THERE SO I WOULD BE ABLE TO PAY IT OFF WITHOUT THE INTEREST AND MY CREDIT HAS BEEN RUINED FROM CO-SIGNING WITH MY KIDS ON NOTES AND I WANTED TO PAY FOR IT MYSELF. MY HUSBAND HAS ENOUGH TO PAY. I ALSO HAVE COPIES OF THE 2 DIFFERENT CONTRACTS HOWEVER BOTH HAVE THE SAME DATE ON THEM.

Bad Business Practices
  • Policy issue
  • Misrepresentation or fraud

Contract / Agreement / Promise Dispute
  • Inadequate disclosure or misleading information
  • Lack of communication

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

CUT AND DRY

3. Physical delivery charges Jun 29, 2012 $2.99
Non Cash settlement
1. SPEEDQUEEN CLOTHES DRYER Jun 29, 2012
Total : $25.89
*In the event this company is operating under bankruptcy protection, see notice at the bottom of this page.

All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

Help resolve this claim - Get good karma and earn points.

Solutions and Feedback from the public:
  • Comment: Contributed by faye p. - On: 12/03/2012
  • complete rip off you are paying for merchandise 3 times over

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim?
  • How does PeopleClaim work?
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim?
*Important: Claimants are advised that claims against a party operating under bankruptcy protection, by law must be processed solely through the appropriate US bankruptcy court. Any claims against this party currently posted on PeopleClaim are available for purposes of public business review only and are not an attempt to collect money or recover assets subject to protections under the United States Bankruptcy Code.