Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc-Dispute-#1505942 : $940.00

• View response from: Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc
    • Filed On: Jul 09, 2012
    • Posted On: Jul 20, 2012
      • Customer service runarounds
  • Win the reward (200 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (4) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Poor customer service

Claimant's opinion: I had to call numerous times to get my information

Problem With A Service
  • Bad advice and/or instructions

Claimant's opinion: I was told this was going to work, dont worry we will let you know, never happened

Customer Service Runarounds

Claimant's opinion: I received a complete runaround by this company

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

Claimant's opinion: I had to paqy $440.00 for an appraisal and now Im suppose to just eat it, I dont think so.

View Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc's response

Claimant's opinion:

I was supposed to get a loan to refinance my home back in I think November of 2011. I waited and waited had to call the agent many times to get an answer and was told to wait. I had my house appraised for $445.00 and never heard if my loan went through. I was given the run around enough and called and talked to the owner. I told him, this is 4 months later I never even received a copy of my appraisal, I never even knew what my house was worth. He was suprised and had the appraisal e-mailed to me. If I didnt ask him I would have never received it, not a way to do business. I was told to wait for some kind of loan hey were waiting on for me, never heard back. Another month went by I left a message that I was going to get in touch with the B.B.B. Behold the next day I got a call saying I couldnt get the loan. I wouldnt have known this without this call. I think this is a terrible job by this company. Seven months to find this result. I want my $440 back

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Compensation: all the time I spent waiting for an answer when I had dozens of other companies asking to help me but I spent this time waiting. I actually lost seven months waiting when I could have gone with another company and saved money for all of those months. Jul 24, 2012 $500.00
2. Refund: My $440.00 appraisal Jul 13, 2012 $440.00
3. Pay for claim posting cost Jul 13, 2012 $7.95

Response from Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc Hide

• Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
    Respondent has rejected claimant's terms. This claim will remain posted until mutually acceptable terms are agreed to.
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"Your complaint has been investigated and please be advised your loan was declined due to the fact that upon receiving the Appraisal Report the value of your home did not qualify for any loan programs that were available at that time of your application. It is not company policy to refund the cost of the Appraisal fee after the property is appraised by a Licensed Appraiser and the value is lower than that was stated at the time of application. Respectfully Compliance Department of Associated Mortgage Bankers Inc "

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.

Additional Communication Between Claimant and Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc View