andrew yancer-Dispute-#3849407

31 Yale St, Battle Creek, Michigan, 49017, United States
Amount Involved: $40,668.61
Complaint(s): Income loss | Harassment | Fraud
Claimant:

Andrew Scott Yancer, DOB 12-25-1962, borrowed many thousands of dollars from me. He always had a sad story, his vehicle was broken, his water was going to be turned off, his gas was going to turned off, his car insurance was going to be cancelled, he wanted to visit his son, he needed gas money, he loss his drivers license because of tickets and needed those paid, his vehicle was impounded because he was driving on a suspended license, he owed his sisters money, he didn't have money to pay his rent, his son needed money to pay his phone bill, get his car repaired, move into an apartment, and on and on.
I was stupid and fell for it, but he was aware the money were loans for everything. I helped him and his son on many things. He even promised one time to pay me back out of his next paycheck, but that didn't happen. That was the last time I loaned him any money.
I know I was stupid to loan him money but we were dating and he was leading me on with that.
I thought we were serious, but found out later that he was playing the field. I even found a job and moved to Michigan because we were talking about a future. I know red flags should have been going up, I was stupid to believe him.
I finally had enough of the lies and broke it off with him. I asked him to start repaying the loans and he promised he would. But you guesed it he never did, for over a year.
He has paid a very small portion of what he owes me and when I ask for payments he claims I am harassing him. I now start everything with "this is an attempt to collect a debt".
All I want is my money, the property of mine he still has I have written off.
I have a spreadsheet showing the amounts he borrowed. I had to have an attorney write him a letter to start getting payments from him. Once I asked for the payments to go to my PO Box the payments came further and further apart and less and less in the amount.
He misrepresented himself to me to obtain the money. He basically committed fraud by doing that.
I know this is not the first time he has borrowed money and not paid it back, his one sister went to court and got a judgment against him. I hope by doing this his next victim will avoid the headaches.

Exhibits View
What Claimant Wants By When How Much
1. Compensation: moving expenses Aug 02, 2013 $3,000.00
2. Compensation: difference in pay/loss pay for move Aug 02, 2013 $6,000.00
3. Payment due: amount still owing that I am willing to settle for Aug 02, 2013 $5,018.61
4. Recovery of Losses: missing personal property Aug 02, 2013 $150.00
5. Pay me for my time: 60 hours @ 25.00 Aug 02, 2013 $1,500.00
6. intentional infliction of emotional distress Aug 02, 2013 $25,000.00
7. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Aug 02, 2013 $7.99
Status: Seeking public comment/suggestions
Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points.

Contributed Solutions Expand

• Comment: by onlyu0664 — Online mediator
  • On: 10-13-2013
  • Comment: by Claimant On: 08-03-2013