Allstate insurance Bad service practice

• Claimant Seeks: 3 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: $0.00
    • Filed On: Oct 09, 2011
    • Posted On: Oct 24, 2011
  • Win the reward (200 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (1) Hide

Bad Business Practices
  • Policy issue
  • Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Negligence causing harm
  • Poor customer service
  • Unfair practice

Claimant's opinion: We really need help resolving this issue. My husband is suffering from liver failure and I have had to take on all the household duties myself, then I was blind sided by this. Where is people's humanity!

Claimant's opinion:

Allstate Insurance Company canceled our homeowners insurance without warning.
We have had homeowners insurance with them for probably going on 30 years.

We received a notice that they had canceled our homeowners insurance and we had an outstanding balance of $55.44. They said the payment was due in July 2011 and the cancellation letter was dated August 23, 2011.

The agent claims that we would have gotten several prior notifications. If we had received any prior notifications I would have saved them. I go through my mail, and deal with what needs attention and then save all incoming mail for 3 months or more before I clean it out. If we had received a bill I would have payed it! There was not one bill or notification in my back mail only an advertisement from Allstate wanting us to combine our car and homeowners insurance.

I believe the cancellation was a ploy to get us to switch over our car insurance to Allstate. The agent even said as much when I called to talk to them about our cancellation. We cannot switch our car insurance at this time so she refused to rewrite or reinstate our homeowners insurance.

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Allstate Insurance Co is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
Non Cash
1. Replace: Reinstate our home owners insurance Oct 24, 2011
2. Apology: for not honoring our long history with the company Oct 24, 2011
3. Change of policy: We should be able to get our homeowners insurance from this company after all the years we have been with them without having to switch our car insurance! Oct 24, 2011
Non-cash: 3 items
You can help resolve this case by suggesting a resolution.

Additional Communication Between Claimant and Allstate Insurance Co View