PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints against businesses, professionals, government agencies, or individuals by exposing bad business practices and unfair treatment. Aggrieved parties are invited to use PeopleClaim's dispute resolution process free of charge or choose premium options that may help resolve disputes faster.

PeopleClaim can help you resolve any dispute with anyone, anywhere. Watch our video.

Complaint against: Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc

Claimant Seeks: $947.95

Show more claim details
See Reliability Rating for:
- D.B, Freeport, Michigan
Get help resolving a disputeagainst Get help resolving a disputeagainst
All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion: I was supposed to get a loan to refinance my home back in I think November of 2011. I waited and waited had to call the agent many times to get an answer and was told to wait. I had my house appraised for $445.00 and never heard if my loan went through. I was given the run around enough and called and talked to the owner. I told him, this is 4 months later I never even received a copy of my appraisal, I never even knew what my house was wort

• Poor customer service

Claimant's opinion: I had to call numerous times to get my information

• Bad advice and/or instructions

Claimant's opinion: I was told this was going to work, dont worry we will let you know, never happened

Claimant's opinion: I received a complete runaround by this company

Claimant's opinion: I had to paqy $440.00 for an appraisal and now Im suppose to just eat it, I dont think so.

Jul 12, 2012, Claiming party added:

No one told me that my house had to be appraised at a certain price or I would havce not had an appraisal done

Jul 12, 2012, Claiming party added:

I also lost the opportunity to have another loan given to me by another company because you took 7 months to let me know I wasnt approved. I want compensation or I will get in touch with my attorney.

What Claimant Wants

Terms under which Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc can satisfy this claimant

Status:In negotiation(seeking public comment)

Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc

Jul 09, 2012

Cash settlement

What By when How much
1. Compensation: all the time I spent waiting for an answer when I had dozens of other companies asking to help me but I spent this time waiting. I actually lost seven months waiting when I could have gone with another company and saved money for all of those months. Jul 24, 2012 $500.00
2. Refund: My $440.00 appraisal Jul 13, 2012 $440.00
3. Include public posting fee Jul 13, 2012 $7.95
$947.95 Principal amount:

Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc's Response

Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc to Claimant

Claim is declined by Associated Mortgage Bankers, Inc for the following reason:

• I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

Your complaint has been investigated and please be advised your loan was declined due to the fact that upon receiving the Appraisal Report the value of your home did not qualify for any loan programs that were available at that time of your application. It is not company policy to refund the cost of the Appraisal fee after the property is appraised by a Licensed Appraiser and the value is lower than that was stated at the time of application. Respectfully Compliance Department of Associated Mortgage Bankers Inc

• I do not know this party or incident

• I disagree with the Terms

• For another reason

Contact this claimant

Claimant seeks additional help, information or services from:

• Lawyers & Mediators Contact claimant

Note from claimant:"Let me know what you think about this"

• Anyone with information or advice that can help resolve this complaint Contact claimant

What's Your Opinion

Add your feedback.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim? »
  • How does PeopleClaim work? »
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim? »

Garden City Businesses:  A-B C-D E-F G-H I-J K-L M-N O-P Q-R S-T U-V W-X Y-Z
Complaints against businesses, professionals and Individuals in: Garden City

Need help resolving a dispute?