Resolve a dispute - It's FREE
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints against businesses, professionals, government agencies, or individuals by exposing bad business practices and unfair treatment. Aggrieved parties are invited to use PeopleClaim's dispute resolution process free of charge or choose premium options that may help resolve disputes faster. Learn more

Claim #7137234 against: Publishers Clearing House

Customer / Client VS. Publishers Clearing House

382 Channel Drive, Port Washington, New York, 11050, United States

IN NEGOTIATION

View response from: Publishers Clearing House

Claimant Seeks: $128.00

Create a claim alert for Publishers Clea...

Show more claim details

Claim NO...#7137234

This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant

Filed: Mar 13, 2013
Posted: Mar 24, 2013

Get Help:

Online Dispute Resolution Services

Resolve a dispute with this party Resolve a dispute with someone else
All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion: I was a finalist in a sweepstakes they ask me for my bank acount number not thinking i gave it to them then ask why they needed it they said it was for a magazine subscipsion told him there was not enough money to cover there amount so they took the money out anyway. that over drafted my account. I want my money replaced to my acount if i have overdraft fees i want them paid also they need to be made to stop ripping people off

• Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Unfair practice

Claimant's opinion: the money they withdrew from my acount plus any overdraft fees

Apr 03, 2013, Publishers Clearing House (responding party) added:

Thanks for filing this informatoin and providing us the opportunity to respond. The contact you reference was not from the real Publishers Clearing House. At PCH we never ask for bank account information. The details you set forth indicate you were contacted by a scam operator illegally using our name to defraud. We work closely with law enforcement on such matters and would ask that you provide us further details about the names used in your contact and the specfics about where the debited money was sent.

What Claimant Wants

Terms under which Publishers Clearing House can satisfy this claimant

Status:In negotiation

Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Publishers Clearing House

Mar 13, 2013

Cash settlement

What By when How much
1. Compensation: money from my bank acount plus overdraft fees Mar 29, 2013 $64.00
2. Recovery of Losses: money from my acount Mar 31, 2013 $64.00
$128.00 Principal amount:

Publishers Clearing House's Response

Publishers Clearing House to Claimant

Claim is declined by Publishers Clearing House for the following reason:

• I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

• I do not know this party or incident

• I disagree with the Terms

• For another reason

The contact this consumer received was not from the real Publishers Clearing House. We would advise the consumer contact their local law enforcememt and consumer protectoin offices.

Contact this claimant

Claimant seeks additional help, information or services from:

• Anyone with information or advice that can help resolve this complaint Contact claimant

What's Your Opinion

Add your feedback.

Learn more about PeopleClaim
  • What is PeopleClaim? »
  • How does PeopleClaim work? »
  • What kinds of claims can I file on PeopleClaim? »

Port Washington Businesses:  A-B C-D E-F G-H I-J K-L M-N O-P Q-R S-T U-V W-X Y-Z
Complaints against businesses, professionals and Individuals in: Port Washington