Resolve a dispute - It's FREE
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints against businesses, professionals, government agencies, or individuals by exposing bad business practices and unfair treatment. Aggrieved parties are invited to use PeopleClaim's dispute resolution process free of charge or choose premium options that may help resolve disputes faster. Learn more

Claim #3081074 against: MoKan Steaks

Customer / Client VS. MoKan Steaks

623-B NW Valley Ridge Circle, Grain Valley, Missouri, 64029, United States

IN NEGOTIATION

View response from: MoKan Steaks

• Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute

Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.

Create a claim alert for MoKan Steaks

Show more claim details

Get Help:

Online Dispute Resolution Services

Resolve a dispute with MoKan Steaks Resolve a dispute with someone else
All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion: Mokan is a home delivery food service. On October 23, a representative came to my home selling frozen meat products. This was my first time encountering the company, but I had seen their truck before in another neighborhood. I was curious about the products and the prices and ask to see them. The food was well packaged, looked good, and frozen. I told the representative (Scott) that I was on a fixed income and could not afford to purchase to

• Policy issue

• Breach of contract
  • Bad faith

• Wrongfully billed
  • Lack of communication

Claimant's opinion: I called the representative that I worked with on Nov 7. I did not receive any response until a week later when an email was sent.

Claimant's opinion: Absolutely no effort to comply with my wishes for a refund. Unreasonable excuses that were not explained during the sale. The representative guaranteed the product for a year and would exchange p

Nov 13, 2012, Claiming party added:

Another address is: 603 E. 23 St., Independence, Missouri 65053
Phone: 913-735-7753
Another Email: info@mokansteaks.com

Dec 14, 2012, Claiming party added:

What does a $200.00 case of chicken consist of? What about the flounder fish; will it be exchanged? What other fish do you have?

Sicerely, Mrs. Simmons

Dec 20, 2012, Claiming party added:

Dear Rick,
I have waited one week for you to answer my last email. Please answer my question so we can resolve this matter now. I have been patient, but I will proceed with further action if you continue to ignore my request. Please answer my question by December 22.

Still Waiting

Dec 20, 2012, Claiming party added:

Dear Rick,

Still Waiting

Dec 22, 2012, Claiming party added:

I will accept the deal if you will exchange one box of flounder for tilapia or salmon. I asked for tilapia during the original transaction. Scott was going to leave 1 box of each because he was out of salmon. His coworker left 2 boxes of flounder in the freezer. I was unaware until a week later. Can you switch one box of flounder for tilpia or salmon? When can you deliver?

Sincerely,

Dec 22, 2012, Claiming party added:

Dear Rick, What are you going to do about the $50.00 in bank fees that were assessed to my account? I will compromise on everything else, but I had several bills go unpaid due to the transaction which caused all the problems.
I will accept the deal if you include a check for $50.00 also. Please respond bt 12/27/2012.

Sincerely,
Geraldine Simmons

Feb 11, 2013, Claiming party added:

I am available from 11:00 to 2:00 this week. When can you deliver the Chicken?

Feb 27, 2013, Claiming party added:

I responded to your offer dated February 7 .I accepted it and you have not responded with a date of delivery. When can you deliver?
Sincerely, G. Simmons

Feb 07, 2013, Claiming party added:

Dear Rick, I have not received a response from you since January 8. This has gone beyond ridiculous. I will accept your offer of January 8. I need clarification. Is this offer for a case of chicken plus a case of beef or seafood? Lets resolve this NOW!
Sincerely, Mrs. Simmons

What Claimant Wants

Terms under which MoKan Steaks can satisfy this claimant

Status:In negotiation(seeking public comment)

Claimant's Terms of Settlement to MoKan Steaks

2. Recovery of Losses: Overdraft bank fees Nov 26, 2012 $50.00
3. Include public posting fee Nov 26, 2012 $7.95
4. Physical delivery charges Nov 26, 2012 $2.99

Make Me Happy!

Claimant is open to an offer.
$224.40 Principal amount:

Contact this claimant

Claimant seeks additional help, information or services from:

• Anyone with information or advice that can help resolve this complaint Contact claimant

What's Your Opinion