Resolve a dispute - It's FREE
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints
PeopleClaim helps resolve consumer and commercial complaints against businesses, professionals, government agencies, or individuals by exposing bad business practices and unfair treatment. Aggrieved parties are invited to use PeopleClaim's dispute resolution process free of charge or choose premium options that may help resolve disputes faster. Learn more

Claim #1247027 against: Govberg Watch Repair

Customer / Client VS. Govberg Watch Repair

1521 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102, United States

IN NEGOTIATION

View response from: Govberg Watch Repair

• Customer service runarounds

Claimant Seeks: $60.00

Create a claim alert for Govberg Watch R...

Show more claim details

Claim NO...#1247027

This is claim 1 of 1 by claimant

Filed: Aug 26, 2012
Posted: Sep 06, 2012

Get Help:

Online Dispute Resolution Services

Resolve a dispute with this party Resolve a dispute with someone else
All information contained herein is the opinion of the posting parties, who are solely responsible for its content. PeopleClaim offers both free and paid services to help consumers, patients, employee, tenants, and others resolve disputes without lawyers or courts, through negotiated online settlement and public disclosure of wrongdoing or unfair treatment.

The Complaint

What happened

Claimant's opinion: They broke the coil in my watch, and have since claimed five times (three times in emails) that the watch is unbroken. They continue to make this easily refuted claim, even though two local watch repair services have each independently examined the watch and told me the coil is broken.

• Misrepresentation or fraud
  • Poor customer service
  • Unfair practice

Claimant's opinion: Repair (estimate) GWR17976

• Poor customer service

Claimant's opinion: I asked one local repairman how much it would cost to replace the coil. He said about $80.

Sep 05, 2012, Claiming party added:

The last time I spoke to two managers at Govberg Watch Repair, both said the watch only needed a battery. You also ridiculed the watch repairers here who examined the watch, and each independantly found it had a broken coil. Is that coincidental? You also said you couldn't accept their evaluation because they weren't trained by Swiss watchmakers. I think American watchrepairers can tell if the coil of a watch is broken. My watch apparently was broken during the several weeks you had it before you sent me an email offering to install a battery and crystal as well as pressure testing it.

Aug 31, 2012, Claiming party added:

I have Govberg's emails to me, none of which offered to replace the battery at no charge. The Govberg Watch Repair company continues to make false claims.
As to Govberg's offer to replace the battery for $60, it's ridiculous. It costs $10 to have the battery replaced in at least two Miami Watch repair shops. Stop stalling Govberg, and say something meaningful, and true for a change.

Sep 06, 2012, Govberg Watch Repair (responding party) added:

We respectfully disagree with the people that reviewed your watch, which according to you were friends and not licenced jewelers or watchmakers. Both times that the watch was examined by our watchmakers, all that was needed was a new battery. We are happy to reexamine the watch to resolve your issue.

Sep 07, 2012, Claiming party added:

I never said the jewelers who examined my watch were friends. They are independant businessmen whom I haven't seen before or since.
The simple truth is that Govberg Watch Repair damaged my watch, and apparently remains not honest enough to reimburse me.

Sep 04, 2012, Govberg Watch Repair (responding party) added:

Mr. Martens - We made the offer when you spoke with a manager after sending the watch back a second time. We offered to replace the battery for free to satisfy your complaints and try to make you a happy customer. The price for a battery and pressure test was $60, because of the labor required to prepare and test the watch for water resistance.Our prices are very competitive with other high end watch repair companies.

Again, we are happy to re-examine your watch and provide a free battery if it is still in the same condition, but we are not going to pay you for a watch that had nothing else wrong with it when you sent it to us twice. We apologize that we have been unable to satisfy your issues, and we hope that you will accept our offer.

Sep 10, 2012, Govberg Watch Repair (responding party) added:

Charles - Please feel free to call us if you would like to discuss the matter further. We would like to arrive at a mutually agreeable solution. Our original position and offer stands. The watch was not broken either time it was sent to us, and all it needed was a new battery. We are happy to review it again, and if it is in the same condition, provide the replacement battery at no charge so that you can enjoy your watch again.

We have been in business since 1922 and have serviced thousands of customers and are certified repair experts on the top watch brands in the world. We have been in business this long by providing honest, reliable, fairly priced services.

There is no risk for you to take us up on our offer. If the watch is in fact broken as you state, then our solution will not work. If it does work, then you will have a functioning watch and should be satisfied. If you don't want to send it back to us, we suggest having one of your watchmaker contacts drop a new battery in and let us know if it works.

What Claimant Wants

Terms under which Govberg Watch Repair can satisfy this claimant

Status:In negotiation(seeking public comment)

Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Govberg Watch Repair

Govberg Watch Repair to Claimant Aug 28, 2012

Claim is In negotiation

Govberg Watch Repair's counter offer to Claimant

What By when How much
1. Re-examine watch and replace battery if it is still in the same condition Oct 01, 2012 $60.00
$60.00 Principal amount:

1. Compensation: Pay for repair and aggravation Sep 10, 2012 $100.00
2. Include public posting fee Sep 10, 2012 $7.95
$107.95 Principal amount:

Contact this claimant

Claimant seeks additional help, information or services from:

What's Your Opinion